Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Poly Girl 68 View Post
Sorry, should have said this was for EDI DUB MCO.

I emailed askus@aerlingus.com on 19/6/20 to ask for an update on the refund and they replied with a standard email and a different case number. Then on Wednesday this week received an email to advise full refund processed and the refund was back on my card this morning.
I requested my refund on 27th April but have had nothing back from them. Today I emailed them as above so hope that works.

Thanks for posting the email details.
Old 27 Jun 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Thanks Joshie1 and I've entered your refund in the first post, but can you please verify your case number as it looks like it's missing a digit, normally it has 7-digits.

I left a 0 off the end of it.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I requested my refund on 27th April but have had nothing back from them. Today I emailed them as above so hope that works.

Thanks for posting the email details.
I can’t take credit for the email address , it was posted on another thread by Dibber DebbieJRoss I think, so it’s thanks to Debbie for the information.

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Poly Girl 68 View Post
Sorry, should have said this was for EDI DUB MCO.

I emailed askus@aerlingus.com on 19/6/20 to ask for an update on the refund and they replied with a standard email and a different case number. Then on Wednesday this week received an email to advise full refund processed and the refund was back on my card this morning.
We sent an email to that address last evening quoting our original case number of 5283600 and received the following response this morning, which also gave us a new case number of 5585000, so similar to your response and fingers crossed we'll receive another email next week, many thanks.
Dear Br'er Bear,

We are experiencing a high volume of cases, please be patient as all case files will be processed In due course. Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Chard
Guest Services Team

Your Case Reference is 5585000. If you wish to follow-up on this case, reply to this email. Please do not change the Subject Line and your case will be automatically updated. For new queries, please submit a new request.

If your enquiry is urgent or time-sensitive and related to a flight departing in the next 72 hours, please telephone your local Guest Services Reservations Center, the contact details for which can be found at aerlingus/support/contact-us/
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to say didn’t request a refund but a voucher on the 7th May when I didn’t hear back I began sending them a message on Messenger everyday last week just to annoy them, Day 47 no voucher, Day 48 no voucher and so on.
Last Thursday received a message from them to say my voucher would be processed in the next few days, so will let you know.
Nothing like a bit of pestering!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I'd be iinterested to know if anyone else has requested a voucher instead of a refund.
What date their flights was.
What date they requested voucher
What date it was received.

If still 'pending', have they received any acknowledgement or update since the request from Aer Lingus?

Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Flight date 11th June
Voucher request 7th May
Acknowledgment 25th June
Still waiting!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Still no refund on our April cancellation nor a response to another email we sent in June. We know that some have reported receiving refunds and on recently cancelled flights so Aer Lingus is clearly not refunding in the sequence of cancellation and case numbers raised, which is disappointing and very unprofessional.

Not sure when Aer Lingus posted the following on their web site or if it's already been posted on the Dibb, anyway it can be found at aerlingus/support/ca...s-and-refunds/

Refund Delays

In relation to refunds and in view of the unprecedented volumes of refund requests following the cancellation of 95% of our flights since March, you may experience delays for which we apologise.

If you applied for a refund in March which you have yet to receive, your refund will be processed by the end of July.

We are currently upgrading our technology which we expect will go live in early August and which will significantly improve our processing times going forward. Once this new technology is implemented, any remaining backlog should be cleared shortly thereafter.

We appreciate your patience and ask that your bear with us during this challenging time.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Agree very unprofessional and really puts you off flying with them. Would you try ringing? Know you shouldn’t have to but might be worth a shot. 3 months is shocking to wait
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 81 and still no refund. Tried emailing them but all that did was produce another reference number. Emailed again informing them of the error of their ways. Have now passed to bank for chargeback. I send them a regular message on twitter just to keep them awake.