Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Flying with Tui

Following on from a previous post I wrote, I'm interested in hearing peoples experiences of flying with Tui. I always thought I could take on board cabin suitcases as well as a handbag for myself and little rucksacks for the children. Has anyone flown and this been allowed? Also how was your tui flight?
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

One piece of hand luggage each. Typical cabin sizes. You can’t take a case and a bag. It’s all on their website. As for the flight, in my opinion better than virgin or BA.
Seem very expensive school holidays, can have some bargains late bookings at other times.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We flew with TUI last year from Glasgow to Sanford and we were very happy with the flight and service. After flying with Thomas Cook the past few years I would say that TUI was better.

The IFE was good for adults and kids and I am one of those weirdos that actually enjoy the food on a flight, so no complaints from us. However I dont think the less "jet-lag" selling point worked in my case, I was still exhausted for a whole week when we got home.

I would have booked with them again but they were just far too expensive for next year and we are going indirect with United.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

I am an extremely nervous flyer and flew on the dreamliner with Tui last year. I can honestly say they were brilliant, the flight was super smooth, the staff new I was nervous (think it was the look on my face and probably because I'm like a meerkat looking over the seats at the slightest noise) and took really good care of me. Nothing was too much trouble and they were super friendly. I would not hesitate to fly with them again. Plus the dreamliner didn't feel as enclosed as other planes which was good for me. I cant comment on the food as I can't eat on flights.
Gingerlife is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
I am an extremely nervous flyer and flew on the dreamliner with Tui last year. I can honestly say they were brilliant, the flight was super smooth, the staff new I was nervous (think it was the look on my face and probably because I'm like a meerkat looking over the seats at the slightest noise) and took really good care of me. Nothing was too much trouble and they were super friendly. I would not hesitate to fly with them again. Plus the dreamliner didn't feel as enclosed as other planes which was good for me. I cant comment on the food as I can't eat on flights.
Ginger life my wife is exactly the same a very nervous flyer and has always been well looked after by TUI cabin staff on our flights to Sanford.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have flown with Virgin and most other transatlantic operators. I particularly like B787.

If prices, times, departures and destinations were identical, then I would take TUI every time, regarding them as the premium experience.

I take the fact that they operate into Sanford as another additional plus as I love the gentle build up of the driving from the car lot to the interstate.

I take the fact that it has always been from Gatwick as a negative, given that this is towards an hour and a half of extra driving from Cornwall if arriving early evening on the night before.

Unfortunately, I rarely fly with them nowadays as they seem the most expensive along with Virgin during school hols and in addition, we no longer route into Florida in any case, although we do sometimes leave from there.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:44 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The premium cabin is as mentioned excellent.
They do tend to be more expensive but for us they fly from our local airport so we always factor in hotel & parking ( although we do prefer to park up locally too )
Sanford not great for options on return trip but worth it in my opinion. Not so sure it’ll be an option once they change to Melbourne in 2022
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

I have flown TUI to sanford many a time as I used to work for them and can honestly say it's the nicest aircraft I've ever been on. Much nicer than BA & Virgin planes that I have been on imo. They just have a nice modern feel to them. Sanford isn't my favourite airport it's very dated and dull. But overall flying experience I couldn't fault, good inflight entertainment and nice food as far as plane food goes !
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List