Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I try to avoid school run time on the roads ... madness levels increase IMO.
Yes definitely, I have to do it twice a week. Unfortunately due to the enormous amount of roadworks going on I have to go down a road with a high school on it. The amount of drivers that just stop anywhere and everywhere to let kids jump out. Most of the time with no indication.
Today a car just stopped and then did a u turn in front of me!
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Yes definitely, I have to do it twice a week. Unfortunately due to the enormous amount of roadworks going on I have to go down a road with a high school on it. The amount of drivers that just stop anywhere and everywhere to let kids jump out. Most of the time with no indication.
Today a car just stopped and then did a u turn in front of me!
I have often said I am the laziest person in the world but even I used to walk the kids to school. I cannot believe the time some of my neighbours leave to get a good parking space at the school, they literally could walk it in less time.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Lots of factors, amount of cars on the road doubled or more, bus lane corridors, everybody in a rush. Respect for others.
How often does the pretty girl get let out ! And the rest no
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
It’s been terrible for years.

The amount of vehicles with fog lights on when clearly the visibility was way beyond 100 meters today is beyond belief
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I remembered watching this one when I was a kid. Maybe things haven't changed that much.

Old 8 Dec 20, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I remembered watching this one when I was a kid. Maybe things haven't changed that much.

I guess it's partly down to us all wearing some rose-tinted specs, then!

Although, fewer cars on the road definitely helped in the past.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just back from Manchester picking up ds, i must say driving down there was more pleasant than the west of scotland, up here charging through traffic lughts seems to be the norm, being up my backside is ok. Hogging middle lane, no indication, no concept what a round about is for . Or even worse older people going 25 miles just to be on the safe side!

Edited at 10:29 AM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I also struggle with spelling as I left school so early but I do my best. I have no idea where to shove commas or colons etc so I put them any old where.

Edit I did drive a Commer van once if that helps.
Unless you are a doctor you really should avoid shoving your colon. Even then I'd advise caution and a warm hand
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post

Great remember seeing this years ago
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
I was taught all of this, and what indicators are for and even how and when to use them and the art of leagal parking!
If someone uses indicators in Harlow it’s usually a con to fool you into where they’re really going.

Also where DD goes dancing, coming out of the car park is a mini roundabout onto a main road. I have to treat this as a T junction as no one on the main road acknowledges it’s a roundabout
Wazza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List