Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Dec 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

So sorry to hear the update on your mum’s condition.
The clinical team will be thinking about what is best all round for your mum but from my experience as a radiotherapy physicist, radiotherapy can be pretty quick to reduce the risk of bleeding which will be better for your mum from the outset.
Wishing you all the best for your mum’s care and treatment going forward.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

So sorry to read the update, hopefully treatment will start soon
Old 24 Dec 20, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear your update
thinking of you at this difficult time
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear about your mum. As a couple of others have said the radiotherapy does shrink the tumour a lot which will help your mum. Glad your dad is going to get some extra support that he needs too. Thinking of you all X
Old 24 Dec 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Sending you and your mum a big hug. Thinking of you all.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Thank you for all the supportive and extremely kind posts and private messages, it is so appreciated. I don’t think my Mum has really taken it in, she seems to think she will sail through the radiotherapy and everything will be fine. I think it will really hit her in the New Year when she has her next appointment with her consultant and treatment starts.
I am feeling very up and down, one minute I feel relatively fine and then the enormity of it all hits me like a truck.
Once again, thank you all so much for all the kind and supportive messages.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Lots of love to you xxx
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Your mum must deal with the results in her own way so just accept what ever way that may be. Its all so difficult to take in to start with, we are all here for support when you need it yourself. X
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

My mum had her oncology appointment this afternoon, she has now been told that radiotherapy isn’t an option and the only option for her is chemotherapy which will not prolong her life. They have told her that if the tumour hasn’t spread to her lymph nodes (which they are 90% sure it has) she will have up to 2 years to live, however if it has spread to her lymph nodes she has only months left to live. She is having a pet scan tomorrow and will get the results of this on Monday, however we are almost sure it has spread to her lymph nodes.
We are all in absolute shock at the moment, we were hoping at least 12 months but it now looks like that is unlikely.
The worst thing is now with the lockdown being announced we can’t even be with her or Dad to support and help them. Dad said today he just wanted everyone to be together to celebrate her birthday next month-now that won’t even happen.
I am struggling to take it all in and comprehend this news at the moment.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear your update. I hope you get better news tomorrow xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List