Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Dec 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

At what age Evergreen, the 20's? Feel like I am mourning a bit for the time with them !
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
I have 4 (26 24 17 16) they definitely come back to you as they get older!
I would agree with that, apart from our 20 year old (who is in uni so still at home out of term time), we have 2 older boys (33, 31). The one lives overseas, the other lives with his fiancée 50 miles away but we hear from them virtually on a daily basis either a quick message or a long phone or video call. We can spend days out and holidays with them and their partners and we consider them our friends as well as our children. If you give them space to grow, they tend to be happy to include you in their lives I've found.

Edited at 05:27 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

I've been asking dd to play a board game for days but answer always no! Ds with gf so don't see him much, hope to get some time together at some point x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
I've been asking dd to play a board game for days but answer always no! Ds with gf so don't see him much, hope to get some time together at some point x
It’s hard isn’t it! Sending hugs x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Maybe board games just isn’t her thing. My DD prefers trivia types of family games such as Disney trivia games etc but again, your DD may just not be into games

Maybe she’d prefer to spend time going for a walk with you, does she like photography? She could take her camera or phone to take photos. My DD enjoyed helping me with Disney jigsaws through lockdown 1, so that’s another option you could suggest
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

We have got two teenagers, but I am not even sure if they still live here. Although I do here the fridge door opening in the middle of the night and the occasional flush of the toilet
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fairysparkled View Post
We have got two teenagers, but I am not even sure if they still live here. Although I do here the fridge door opening in the middle of the night and the occasional flush of the toilet
You’re lucky if the toilet gets flushed TBH!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
I have 4 (26 24 17 16) they definitely come back to you as they get older!
In their 20’s and if they go to Uni or move out they definitely appreciate home and parents our eldest recently moved home as she was lonely in her beautiful flat she will play a game with us tonight the 17 & 24 won’t as it’s not their thing but DS (24) will watch a retro old movie with DH at some point, in all honest I don’t mind as believe me we’ve had many a meal or movie etc... ruined through bickering or arguing that’s families.
Old 27 Dec 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I have 2 boys 14 and 18 and both spend a lot of time in their rooms. But they both love movie night and we have just had a monopoly marathon, but after 3.5 hrs they both had better offers from friends and disappeared lol.
Its ok me and dh will have a few drinks and watch movies tonight. Make the most of couple time and let them know they can sit with you if they want x

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Ours is now 19 and back from Uni and during the school teenage years spent lots of time in the room.

Now she is back she spends lots of time with us. I imagine that had we stomped and shouted about being downstairs earlier she wouldn't be as keen to be with us now
Our DD is just about to turn 19 and is home from Uni at the moment. Our experience has been very much like yours, she spent lots of time in her room during her school teenage years but seems enjoy hanging out with the family again now she is older.

DS has recently started secondary school and is at the opposite end of his teenage years. I’ve noticed he has started to hang out in his room a bit more, he still hangs out with us too, for now, but I’m sure this will get less and less over time.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List