Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 2 Jan 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Just thought I would bump this to resurrect the thread for the new year.

We have our first box for three weeks coming tomorrow and I can't wait to not have to think about what to cook for tea again!

So tomorrow we have

And next week we have

Thank you for resurrecting this! 👍 I’m going to enjoy having a read! 😊
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I am really interesting in exploring these but am indecisive.

How many different recopies are available from Hello Fresh and how many from Gousto ?

Do they change them often or stay the same each week ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I would be fine with all of it by my DH is a bit pickier. Moore in particular would be a no-no.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am really interesting in exploring these but am indecisive.

How many different recopies are available from Hello Fresh and how many from Gousto ?

Do they change them often or stay the same each week ?
Gousto definitely have more choice than Hello Fresh and HF seem to have a lot more "premium" recipes where you have to pay a supplement.

The recipes do change every week although there are about 5 recipes with Gousto which are always available and are family favourites like sausage and mash, spaghetti bolognese etc.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Just reading through this thread, I’ve noticed people mentioning mortar and pestles and garlic presses - I don’t have either (not much of a cook! Lol!) - do I need to invest in these to make life easier ? Anything else you use regularly to make the Gousto meals?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I did our first box around the beginning of November. I check the recipes every few weeks or so and I haven’t seen many repeated. As above they have a few recipes which are there each week plus a few of the ready meal options.
Our favourites so far have been:
Chili chicken with salt and pepper fries (although we now do it with rice)
The marmite meatballs
Chicken chow mien
Miso butter chicken
Chicken and mushroom linguine
There are few other too.

It’s definitely worth giving the first few boxes a go as you get 50% off the first and 30% off the next three. Once you add everything up plus the fact it gets delivered I don’t think it’s that expensive. However I wouldn’t do it every week just because I do like lots of our current meals, if that makes sense.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Just reading through this thread, I’ve noticed people mentioning mortar and pestles and garlic presses - I don’t have either (not much of a cook! Lol!) - do I need to invest in these to make life easier ? Anything else you use regularly to make the Gousto meals?
No, you can just chop the garlic and use a food processor if you have one. Although a mortar and pestle if handy to have anyway.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I would definitely get a garlic press. I have this one:

smile.amazon/dp/B08H7R..._5bm8Fb8VWWFHG

There is also the odd time that a mini chopper/food processor has come in handy. You can read the method on the recipes I think on the app so maybe check first before ordering if you don't have lots of equipment.

However most of the time a big pan and a knife are all you need.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I would definitely get a garlic press. I have this one:

smile.amazon/dp/B08H7R..._5bm8Fb8VWWFHG

There is also the odd time that a mini chopper/food processor has come in handy. You can read the method on the recipes I think on the app so maybe check first before ordering if you don't have lots of equipment.

However most of the time a big pan and a knife are all you need.
Ooh I like that garlic press! I have a fairly old one and the garlic bits always get stuck and it’s a pain the clean. Might be a new purchase me thinks.
Old 2 Jan 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Ooh I like that garlic press! I have a fairly old one and the garlic bits always get stuck and it’s a pain the clean. Might be a new purchase me thinks.
It is really easy to use and clean.