Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jan 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Funny story sainsbury's smart shop

I was out early today as our Sainsbury’s open at 9:30 but don’t open the tills until 10 but you can shop and then just wait. I was with my partner and doing sainsbury's smart shop so scanning things and just putting them in our bag.I heard a little girl say mummy that man stealing as he putting things in his bag the lady said o dear and was about to walk away when I said to the mum can I speak to your daughter the lady said emm ok. I said you are very clever and got good eve site but I am doing some magic do you want to see the girl said yes please so I said do you know what this is I picked up a tin of beans and showed her the bar code. She said no so I said it there o do magic left me show you I scanned the code with my phone then put it in the bag. I asked if the lady was using the till or self service she said the till as she always gets confused at the self service I said well if you like when your finished go there o the self severe and I show your little girl the end of the magic and help your upas it faster at the self service th en standing in the que for th e tills she said very true so I said see you at the self service waved to them both and finished our shopping when I got to the self service tills the lady was there with her daughter and was as hung that they where broken. 8 said no they not open until 10 she said ops I was above it to call someone. There where a few other people came and by the time the lady came and scanned the machine to open it to use them it was quite bizzy. I showed the lady just to scan every thing and put it on the side where the her bags where open ready. I just scanned my phone payed and done showed the little girl the receipt to show her I not steeled anything and check the lady was ok she paid for her shopping and we walked out together the little girl said mummy you should use that thing so you be quicker and we be home quicker and she was jumping up and down and was very excited the lady laghed and said thank you for your help and she get her husband to look in to sainsbury's smart shop.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I need to try smart shop, I’m not very smart and thought it might take longer. I’ll have to give it a go
Old 3 Jan 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I need to try smart shop, I’m not very smart and thought it might take longer. I’ll have to give it a go
Easy to set up and easy to use x
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I love Smart Shop - super easy to use and saves so much time! You just need to download the app, then open it and enter your payment method (think they accept debit/credit cards, apple pay or paypal) and that's it!

Once you go into Sainsbury's just open the app and it'll take a few seconds to refresh and recognise you are in there - it'll ask you to confirm you are in X location (whatever the address is of that particular Sainsbury's) and then you're off to the races - you just need to scan the bar codes, put items straight in your bag and then at the end of your shop you scan a final bar code (usually a big poster by the exit - it's clearly signposted) to finalise your shop and that's it. It will then automatically check you out, take payment and send you an electronic receipt.

It saves so much time waiting and you can be in and out much quicker. I definitely recommend it!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

DS has smart shop APP and I just use the scanner, it amazes me how few people use it. So much easier than putting all your shopping on the conveyer belt and then having to reload in to bags in to the trolley. Much more Covid friendly as well
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Very nice of you to show them. I use the scan and go app on my phone in Asda. Before Christmas the queue to pay at the normal tills was 20 deep, just can’t understand it. I pack as I go along, the thought of loading everything on to the belt to then pack.

Edited at 09:04 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

l work for Sainsburys and one of my roles is to try and persuade customers to have a go... you would think I was trying to get them to do something illegal the reaction I get from some It really is so easy...scan the back of your nectar card and away you go! Or use the app..I wouldn't shop any other way now.
loopylaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

I love SmartShop and the scanners in Marks and Tesco. Really struggle with the one at Asda here though - it’s so slow to load and then freezes in the middle of a shop.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love using it in Sainsburys too. I was standing in a gigantic queue in the summer when one of the staff members mentioned to me. I'd managed to download the app and log on with nectar by the time I got to go in to the store. Scan and pack as I go. So quick.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List