Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jan 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Haemophilia

Just wondering if any of the Dibb family have Haemophilia . Outside of my brothers excluding my eldest one I don’t know anyone else who has Haemophilia
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My nephew ( on my husbands side )who is 22 has it , as did his great uncle.
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Yes nearly always males who get it , females carry it and pass it on . I once read there is normally one in a million females who actually get Haemophilia.
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
It seems to always miss the first boy also , my eldest brother doesn’t have it . But the rest of us boys do at different counts , my youngest brother has Christmas disease ( basically his blood clot count is slightly higher than ours ) .
But my sister blood is to thick ?
Old 6 Jan 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ebony
Imagineer

Ebony's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I have a Son aged 31 who has Cystic Fibrosis & Haemophilia B.
His Haemophilia is on a mild/moderate level, but has caused many problems due to his C.F.
I also have 3 Grandsons with Haemophilia, aged 14, 10 & 3.
WDW 1998 and once or twice most years since. DW 2005; DLP1993. CRUISES:- Disney- Magic Caribbean 2008/11, Med'10, WBTA 2010/11; Disney Wonder Panama 2013 & 2017] Other Ships - Ncl Jade & Epic; P&O Azura, MSC Divina, Thomson x2, Princess x4,
2019:- Cruises on Hal Statendam April 2wks, DCL Fantasy Sept 2wks. 2020 July-Celebrity Millenium 2wks
Ebony is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

My best friend has a type of haemophilia and she is female.
Old 6 Jan 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ebony
Imagineer

Ebony's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by simon View Post
It seems to always miss the first boy also , my eldest brother doesn’t have it . But the rest of us boys do at different counts , my youngest brother has Christmas disease ( basically his blood clot count is slightly higher than ours ) .
But my sister blood is to thick ?
Haemophilia B/Christmas disease is what my Son & Grandsons all have.
WDW 1998 and once or twice most years since. DW 2005; DLP1993. CRUISES:- Disney- Magic Caribbean 2008/11, Med'10, WBTA 2010/11; Disney Wonder Panama 2013 & 2017] Other Ships - Ncl Jade & Epic; P&O Azura, MSC Divina, Thomson x2, Princess x4,
2019:- Cruises on Hal Statendam April 2wks, DCL Fantasy Sept 2wks. 2020 July-Celebrity Millenium 2wks
Ebony is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
I know for some people it’s a delicate subject , unfortunately I got caught up in the contaminated blood scandal and also got Hep C .
I have made it to 63 and try to live life as best I can .
I have two sons in there twenty’s who are clear of Haemophilia .
It can be a burden at times with bruising and internal bleeds .
I wish them all the very best .
Old 6 Jan 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by simon View Post
I know for some people it’s a delicate subject , unfortunately I got caught up in the contaminated blood scandal and also got Hep C .
I have made it to 63 and try to live life as best I can .
I have two sons in there twenty’s who are clear of Haemophilia .
It can be a burden at times with bruising and internal bleeds .
I wish them all the very best .
How interesting (but not so good for you) I was a Hep C nurse for many years, but the people with haemophilia were not treated at our unit. I worked in that field from when the treatments were awful and not very successful, right up through the new oral agents with all the restrictions around diet and dose timing to the newer treatments that are a walk in the park compared to 15 years ago. I'm retired 4 years but I believe the treatments are even better now. People like me will be out of a job soon. As a matter of interest, which flavour of treatment did you have?
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
I have only ever had the original factor eight . The synthetic one I tried once and it left be with a blinding headache for about three days .