Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Day-Dreamer
Earning More Ears

Tesco Clubcard

Hello,
We are booked to go to DLP in August and being the eternal optimist I'm looking at travel options. Driving seems to be fairly straightforward (gulp!). We'd travel via Euro Tunnel shuttle and would like to use Club Card vouchers - I always forget to use them. Tescos website states: "Vouchers can't be used to book Standard (Refundable) or Flexi Plus tickets". Looking at the Euro Tunnel website it only offers me Standard, Standard Refundable or Flexi Plus. Given the ongoing situation re Covid I would only feel comfortable booking something which is refundable. Am I right in thinking I can't use Club Card vouchers for this? Sorry if I'm being daft, I've read so much info I'm in a right pickle
Thanks
Day-Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I used club card last year and we had to cancel - they gave me a voucher code to use within 12 months and we have just rebooked for august this year (center parcs not dlp)

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Yes you can't book the refundable option with the clubcard. I felt exactly the same for my July trip so I've not used the clubcard vouchers and have just booked the refundable option as I just don't want to risk it.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We have a voucher from last March that we have until April to book with although no idea when we can use it! I’m hoping they will extend it for me, not really had much chance to use it!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Day-Dreamer
Earning More Ears

Normally I'd feel confident but with everything as it stands this year I (like everyone!) don't want to risk it. We are staying at DLH and have read that may not reopen anyway so I'm feeling really unsure about what to do/not do.
Day-Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Privateer
Earning More Ears

Hi Day-Dreamer,

I think that the phrase 'plan for the worst but hope for the best' is useful in this situation. It's bad enough trying to guess when DLP will open again but the extra rumours that Disney Hotel will remain shut just makes things difficult. The extra problem for us Dibbers is the English Channel which needs to be crossed by plane, train, or Euro Tunnel all three need to be pre-booked as per your initial post.

I would play safe and say to everybody in your party that at the moment it's unlikely for a DLP trip in the foreseeable future.

I've only taken a few days holiday in 2020/21 (our company's holiday year ends in March) so at the moment I'm on holiday for three weeks staycationing at home and trying to get my Disney Magic by watching Youtube channels and also some videos of our own past DLP holidays.
Privateer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

It has been confirmed on the Disneyland Paris website that the Disneyland Hotel is shut indefinitely

'Our Hotels are reopening in phases, beginning with the Disney's Newport Bay Club and Disney's Hotel Santa Fe on 2 April 2021, Disney's Hotel Cheyenne and Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch on 1 July 2021, Disney's Sequoia Lodge on 23 October 2021. The Disneyland Hotel will remain closed until further notice.
We will contact you by e-mail if your booking is affected by these changes to inform you of alternative options proposed.'

Hopefully this means they are starting the planned renovations which would have seen the hotel shut for a considerable length of time anyway?
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Hi I don’t know if this will be the same for transport, but I used tescoclubcard vouchers for hotels with hotels.com last year & whilst many on here automatically got a 12 month voucher, I had to fight long and hard to get mine and eventually they did it as a ‘goodwill’ voucher as they said that the policy had changed and they were no longer refundable.

I’m not sure if I just was very unlucky (my hotel dates were earlier than some other people’s so I somehow fell through the net I think), but just wanted to pre-warn you, that you may not necessarily get the tescoclubcard vouchers back again now. I’ve rebooked using mine for October, but I know I will lose them now if the holiday doesn’t go ahead.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hi I don’t know if this will be the same for transport, but I used tescoclubcard vouchers for hotels with hotels.com last year & whilst many on here automatically got a 12 month voucher, I had to fight long and hard to get mine and eventually they did it as a ‘goodwill’ voucher as they said that the policy had changed and they were no longer refundable.

I’m not sure if I just was very unlucky (my hotel dates were earlier than some other people’s so I somehow fell through the net I think), but just wanted to pre-warn you, that you may not necessarily get the tescoclubcard vouchers back again now. I’ve rebooked using mine for October, but I know I will lose them now if the holiday doesn’t go ahead.
Yep this is true now, in May I got mine back onto my Clubcard account. But anything booked after a certain date last year is no longer refundable.

We are doing DLP in October, we want to add on a night via hotels.com but we won’t book via Clubcard as we want the refundable option. We aren’t booking transport until a lot closer to the time.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Day-Dreamer
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by tinker82 View Post
It has been confirmed on the Disneyland Paris website that the Disneyland Hotel is shut indefinitely

'Our Hotels are reopening in phases, beginning with the Disney's Newport Bay Club and Disney's Hotel Santa Fe on 2 April 2021, Disney's Hotel Cheyenne and Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch on 1 July 2021, Disney's Sequoia Lodge on 23 October 2021. The Disneyland Hotel will remain closed until further notice.
We will contact you by e-mail if your booking is affected by these changes to inform you of alternative options proposed.'

Hopefully this means they are starting the planned renovations which would have seen the hotel shut for a considerable length of time anyway?
Ah, thank you. Hopefully an email will land in the near future. In all probability I think we'll be rearranging for 2022 . We'd happily stay in the Marvel Hotel but I see that's still not on the list. Ho hum.