Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Jan 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
Much talk about renting a reservation? How would I do that?
There is a facebook group called DVC Disney Vacation Club Points Rental - quite a few people have rented successfully using it.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

Hoping for end of December into the first two weeks in January... DH was thinking September but I’d rather hold out a bit longer with hopes it will happen.

We are both in our early thirties so low down the vaccination list.
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I refuse to quit at this point in time. It's just too soon to say but i'm hanging in there!

With all my banked points from last year I'm currently sitting on seven weeks of bookings spread through 4 trips over the year from April right to December.
I only have flights booked for 2 of the trips and won't book any more of those until things are clearer.

I'm really hopeful that at least one of them will happen but probably September at the earliest.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
There is a facebook group called DVC Disney Vacation Club Points Rental - quite a few people have rented successfully using it.
I used that page last year to rent some of my point and they sold really quickly
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
I used that page last year to rent some of my point and they sold really quickly
Same here, effortless, mine were snapped up with no effort, I asked for 50% but my renter paid the full amount up front.

She was a North Floridan, I just rented one night around thanksgiving, I did do it for far less than it was arguable worth, but just wanted shot of the points with no loss, it more than covered the dues & she got a cheap night at BWV so we were both very happy.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 01:54 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I used that page last summer to rent some banked points out to two Floridian families. Full payment in $$$ straight into PayPal then transferred to our Suntrust account. It’s paid for 6 months monthly annual dues. I got

$14 per point that I was more happy with.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes the Facebook page is good, you can (can) have a lot of wasted time on it but get good results. The frequenters of the page tend to split into 2 groups. Experienced Disney goers who know what they are doing, and people who know abolutely nothing, which is fine there is nothing more I like than explaining it all and screenshotting availability etc. Unfortunately in that latter subset you also get people with totally unrealistic expectations, people who refuse to read the post or FAQs and just general time-wasters. You can get lucky or unlucky, just be prepared you may have to waste time but in many ways it’s an enjoyable waste of time. I’ve found timewasters often have you looking for availability then say ‘let me just ask my other half and I will come straight back’ and invariably you never hear again.

Last time I rented points on there I did about 10 enquiries, sending screenshots etc. Then I got a fantastic renter and her mother ( ex cast member) and then straight away I got another DVC member. Those two were fantastic.

I am also careful to have a decent contract with covid related issues, fair cancellation policies etc.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Thanks dibbers 👏👏
Old 23 Jan 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gordonn3
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Booked a split stay and flights for August. We have to have hope.
Gordonn3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m booked for middle of June and I think I’m resigned to the fact it won’t happen. I would love it too as I didn’t get last year but I’m just not sure.

Will need to start looking at how to rent out my points as I don’t want to lose them!