Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Jan 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

For owners set to lose points

Because we can’t travel do you think Disney will do anything to help?

And yes I know that they could be rented to American guests. But I’m wondering whether Disney will take a look at owners who are unable to travel and use their points.

I’d like to think they might do something. It I also understand it would ‘unbalance’ the points allocations somewhat.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I am afraid they will not do much if anything Ariel. I know some people got points extended a bit. Best advice is get renting.
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are hoping to use our 2020 banked points this Sept, if we have to cancel we will do one of the following:

1. Offer to American friends to use
2. Move to RCI
3. Rent them out

Hopefully we get to use them ourselves in Sept though Not expecting any flexibility from Disney...
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I really don't think that they can treat members from the UK etc. differently to the US members when it comes to this, I'd absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong, but I'm not expecting anything so am reluctantly prepared to rent our reservation / remaining 2020 points if need be.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hard to say. Last year I was in the group of people who had their points put back that we had lost, so 400 or so points came back to us .
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
Hard to say. Last year I was in the group of people who had their points put back that we had lost, so 400 or so points came back to us .
That was because the resorts were shut though right?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'd be the shocktist (new word) man on the planet if they did! Personally I think it would be very easy for them to justify a temporary rule change for International Visitors, we can't get there for a start & until they open their Borders that remains the case whist our "US" cousins have had full use of DVC since last summer!
At the moment we haven't lost any points (touches wood very quickly) but if we have to cancel again, we would somehow need to use them by Jun'21 or lose all of our Banked 19-20
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Personally I think it would be very easy for them to justify a temporary rule change for International Visitors,
It might sound easy to justify but it is fraught with legal issues. Also, the owners at Aulani and VGC would have similar claims.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm fairly sure they can find some legalese to suit the situation
Anyone remember the following sales pitches?
-The points are set for the year it never changes
-Being able to Borrow 100% of your points will give you the vacation you always dreamed of...

Or the fact that it's in the contract that you can't run your DVC contract as a business, yet it's openly discussed in forums on what sort of return you can get on your "investment"

& let's face it they are blaming Covid for every other change so what's one more ?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DVCSCOTT
Getting to know the DIBB

If you're worried about losing the points, maybe consider renting them out. Your friendly sponsor DVC-RENTAL can gladly help you out. Mention you came from The DIBB!
DVCSCOTT is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List