Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

YouTube Yoga?

Can anyone recommend a decent youtube Yoga teacher to follow? I’m not a beginner and do Pilates regularly but I’d like to do some actual Yoga classes.

Thank you.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've not tried it myself, so I'm not offering a personal recommendation., but "Yoga with Adrienne" seems to be insanely popular and always mentioned when I hear people discussing YT yoga.

Channel: youtube/c/yogawithadriene/about

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Here is on I use and this has literally just even posted on FB - some free videos there (Chris turner yoga)

Hope it helps

Hello all. If you're not sure about signing up to my yoga website (for beginners over 50), but would like to see what I'm posting on there, you can join my newsletter through this link:
eepurl/hoQL9n

christopher turner yoga

I've been posting several videos a week on there and will continue posting videos here every week or two. I wish I could post all the videos on here for you all, but I've set up a whole course that's easy to follow and a community website. This takes some money (and a lot of time) to keep running. I do rely on the supporting students to keep the lights on.

Through my site I also have a more personal connection to the members. It's great getting feedback and suggestions from the community on what they'd like to see. I truly love doing this and have been getting a lot out of having the connection with students.

So anyway, if you are interested in seeing more of what I'm posting and not sure about jumping in, sign-up to the newsletter (link above). Of course if you do want to bite the bullet and join the course, go to:
patreon.com/christopherturner

Sliding scale starts at just £4/month or $5.50. So I'm cheap and the course is easy and accessible to just about everyone--although I've got some students who are looking for more difficult stuff too--so I've got your covered.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I've not tried it myself, so I'm not offering a personal recommendation., but "Yoga with Adrienne" seems to be insanely popular and always mentioned when I hear people discussing YT yoga.

Channel: youtube/c/yogawithadriene/about
I followed yoga with Adrienne and she started off my yoga journey. As I wanted particular help with stress and anxiety I now joined a group where I can ask for that help and receive tailored videos for £4 a month and there is a discussion supportive chat group (and for all things really yoga related) and I am getting so much from it - its unbelievable the difference this Chris Turner yoga has made to my life - both health wise mentally and physically, I can actually touch my toes now when a few months back I struggled o even grab my knees !

I feel yoga is like therapy. It takes time and effort to find the one that works best for you. I also used Glo which was good but more expensive and not as interactive but its a good site and tool.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I followed yoga with Adrienne and she started off my yoga journey. As I wanted particular help with stress and anxiety I now joined a group where I can ask for that help and receive tailored videos for £4 a month and there is a discussion supportive chat group (and for all things really yoga related) and I am getting so much from it - its unbelievable the difference this Chris Turner yoga has made to my life - both health wise mentally and physically, I can actually touch my toes now when a few months back I struggled o even grab my knees !

I feel yoga is like therapy. It takes time and effort to find the one that works best for you. I also used Glo which was good but more expensive and not as interactive but its a good site and tool.
I do need to check yoga out.

I walk and run a lot (average well over 20k steps a day) and whilst my legs can keep going for miles and miles, my core and flexibility are pretty poor, and I'm sure improvements there will only benefit my running.

I'll take your post as the nudge I need to try it out this week!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I do need to check yoga out.

I walk and run a lot (average well over 20k steps a day) and whilst my legs can keep going for miles and miles, my core and flexibility are pretty poor, and I'm sure improvements there will only benefit my running.

I'll take your post as the nudge I need to try it out this week!
No probs - this may help ?

fb.watch/3fDy9d3lDq/
Old 26 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Bozza-This is me to a certain extent. Pretty fit and have a high daily average step count. I do a bit of running and cross training. My goal this year is to improve my overall strength/flexibility and build up the cardio. I’m a great walker and very active but a bit lazy when it comes to exercise that ‘feels’ like hard work!

MF-thanks for those suggestions. Really helpful and I shall check them out

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Bozza-This is me to a certain extent. Pretty fit and have a high daily average step count. I do a bit of running and cross training. My goal this year is to improve my overall strength/flexibility and build up the cardio. I’m a great walker and very active but a bit lazy when it comes to exercise that ‘feels’ like hard work!

MF-thanks for those suggestions. Really helpful and I shall check them out
You are welcome .

I am sure you will find something that works well for you