Old 26 Jan 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile WW Diet Plan

Hi There

I’m just wondering if anyone is following the new WW plan at home?

I’ve done SW on and off for years, and did WW back when PP was first a thing, but it’s been a while since I’ve done either.

I’ve been looking to rejoin one at home, and I’m liking the more all round holistic support offered by WW, however, I always liked the 1/3 speed no weighing with SW as it found that easier to stick to.

I’ve heard that some of the WW plans also offer this “no weigh” method, but I’m trying to find first hand experiences from others before signing up.

Can anyone help with any information or advice at all?

Thanks in Advance
Gill
Old 26 Jan 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I joined WW reimagined on 1st Jan and have been using the app.

I'm currently following the green plan and there is a blue and purple as you progress. On the green plan there are a number of 'free foods' like fruit, veg and salad that you can eat freely and put them into the app if you like but you don't need to. For other foods, like proteins and carbs, the points can be recorded by adding a portion or a specific weight. I've been weighing things like pasta as I know a portion to me is probably 2 in reality so this is as much about re-education as losing weight.

I've also been using the app to track sleep, do some exercise classes and record water intake. I've made some of the recipes from the app but I've been using Pinch of Nom as well and adding the items to the app to track the points.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

The purple ww plan is probably the nearest to that, it has the largest number of foods that don’t need pointing. You get less points though for purple naturally but really most of your everyday fresh foods are free, the blue plan is a sort of in between. If you plan on cooking from scratch and don’t tend to use any prepackaged foods then purple is the way to go but if not I’d look at one of the other plans. I believe you do a quiz when you first sign up which is meant to guide you towards the plan that will suit you best.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you so much!

I didn’t realise there were exercise programs on there, that would really help. I had read about the sleep tracker, my sleep is none existent at the moment, so that definitely helps too.

So essentially, anything fresh is generally free, anything processed (ie pasta, bread) needs weighing and would require a points value.

That sounds so much better, it used to be everything was weighed if I remember rightly, including fruits and veggies.

They seem to have some offers on at the moment too, so it sounds like they may be the plan I need to try

Thank you so much for the information and advice
Old 26 Jan 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Hey

We both do WW from home, we do the green plan I think - I’ve weighed pasta and rice for years so it doesn’t bother me 😂 I’ve done it before and lost 3st. But life got in the way and I couldn’t have cared less.

We’re on week 4, had 3 weigh-ins now and I’m 12.5lbs down and OH is 7.5lbs
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Hey

We both do WW from home, we do the green plan I think - I’ve weighed pasta and rice for years so it doesn’t bother me 😂 I’ve done it before and lost 3st. But life got in the way and I couldn’t have cared less.

Wow, well done! That’s a brilliant weight loss.

Yeah, weighing pasta is definitely something I should do. SW actively discourages it, but there’s got to be benefits to at least SOME items being weighed.
Old 26 Jan 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Hey

Thats amazing in 4 weeks!
Sorry for butting in your thread OP I have just been looking to sign up to WW. I have done SW previously but not for quite a few years. I just been something to follow to lose what I have gained in lockdown really. I think you might have just given me the push I needed.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Sorry for butting in your thread OP I have just been looking to sign up to WW. I have done SW previously but not for quite a few years. I just been something to follow to lose what I have gained in lockdown really. I think you might have just given me the push I needed.

Please don’t apologise, the more the merrier!

Sounds as though you are in a similar situation to me
Old 26 Jan 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
3 weeks! We’ve just started week 4 on plan I’m surprised with how well it’s gone haha!

I like that there is now 3 different plans to choose from, rather than one rigid plan and you can swap between them if you like
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Wow, well done! That’s a brilliant weight loss.

Yeah, weighing pasta is definitely something I should do. SW actively discourages it, but there’s got to be benefits to at least SOME items being weighed.
Yeah it’s something I’ve never understood. I know on purple I think you don’t have to weigh it. But green works best for me it makes sense in my head so I understand it.

I’ve been weighing posts for so long that even when we’re not on WW I still weigh it - purely to make sure I’ve put more than enough in 😂😂😂😂😂

I need to drink more - ive got a banging headache now and it’s a mixture of stress and dehydration.

Edited at 08:26 PM.