Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 22 Jan 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

We had the gousto pizza diavola last night, it was a bit of a faff but delicious

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

First delivery from Hello Fresh yesterday.

Last nights meal was Peri peri pork and black bean stew with ciabatta bread. We both liked it but thought wedges would be a good accompaniment.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Had the Chicken Rogan Josh for tea tonight and it was hands down THE best home made curry we've ever had.
Which company was this from? We had the beef rogan josh from Hello Fresh last week and although I was sceptical because it was mince and not strips of beef, we really enjoyed it and would have it again or try to make it ourselves.
Old 27 Jan 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Which company was this from? We had the beef rogan josh from Hello Fresh last week and although I was sceptical because it was mince and not strips of beef, we really enjoyed it and would have it again or try to make it ourselves.
This was Gousto
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Hello guys, new to the club. I've got a Gusto box coming on Saturday and Hello Fresh coming the week after.

I'm hoping to really enjoy them but I am a bit skeptical about portion size. It was a struggle to pick something I know my kids will eat but something new. I don't want to stick to the same old things I make anyway (looking at you Mr. Meatball pasta).
Old 27 Jan 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wallefan View Post
Hello guys, new to the club. I've got a Gusto box coming on Saturday and Hello Fresh coming the week after.

I'm hoping to really enjoy them but I am a bit skeptical about portion size. It was a struggle to pick something I know my kids will eat but something new. I don't want to stick to the same old things I make anyway (looking at you Mr. Meatball pasta).
The only things that we (mainly DH) have thought have been on the small side were things with couscous or grains. Oh, and the fish and chips but only as the fish portion was much smaller than what we would normally eat.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’ve been really impressed with the Gousto portion sizes, I’m terrible for doing massive portions of pasta but we had a spaghetti dish last week and it was very similar in size to what I would do normally.
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have the haddock and chorizo tacos from Gousto tonight. Had the smoky Spanish garlic prawns last night which were nice but I would have liked a bit more spice/garlic. Still very impressed overall (currently on our second week!)
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Rest of the meals we had this week from Hello Fresh were roasted pepper and aubergine linguine - this could have done with some chilli in it, pork and apple burgers with wedges and hoisin chicken with zesty rice.

I like the fact you can choose more in advance with Hello Fresh vs Gousto. Also, given the availability of lots of items at the supermarket I'm finding it even more appealing.
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Well we’ve done two Gusto meals so far and impressed with portion sizes so no worries there.

Struggling with spice ratings, I’d like a rating like 1,2,3 peppers you get on jars. Just listing spicy or not spicy isn’t too helpful. We had an Indonesian meal that made my nose run and the poor kids couldn’t eat. We like Mexican and curry but not very hot things. I guess I’ll have to look more closely at ingredients.
Made the lasagne which tasted lovely but not sure the box is any easier than normal lasagne, poor choice on my part really.