Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Short term travel restrictions for the 1st half of the year is to help get the world economy going again for the 2nd half of the year... rather than just plodding along as it has for the last 12 months.
You are aware that a lot of other countries have had travel restrictions in place for the last 9 or 10 months or so?

And, keeping this on topic with the specific subject of travel to the USA, the UK has advised against all but essential travel to the USA since March last year amd that advice has been in place ever since. Similarly, the USA has banned travel from the UK since March last year as well. We've had travel restrictions in place for 10 months. There hasn't been any short term travel restrictions. We still don't really have any more restrictions now - just a requirement to have a negative test before travel.

That's not to say that I think travel restrictions will persist for ages. I have no idea what will happen between now and the Summer - I hope they do relax them before then. Just pointing out that, back last summer when the number of cases and deaths was incredibly small compared to what they are now, there were still travel restrictions in place and we couldn't holiday in the USA.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:47 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
I would think because the vaccine isn't 100% protection and doesn't prevent you contracting the virus and infecting others.

Dave
Maybe not 100%, but 99.986% in Isreal aint bad.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1187688

That is way better than anyone thought possible.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ac1874
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You are aware that a lot of other countries have had travel restrictions in place for the last 9 or 10 months or so?

And, keeping this on topic with the specific subject of travel to the USA, the UK has advised against all but essential travel to the USA since March last year amd that advice has been in place ever since. Similarly, the USA has banned travel from the UK since March last year as well. We've had travel restrictions in place for 10 months. There hasn't been any short term travel restrictions. We still don't really have any more restrictions now - just a requirement to have a negative test before travel.

That's not to say that I think travel restrictions will persist for ages. I have no idea what will happen between now and the Summer - I hope they do relax them before then. Just pointing out that, back last summer when the number of cases and deaths was incredibly small compared to what they are now, there were still travel restrictions in place and we couldn't holiday in the USA.
This is the concern, how long it takes to get back to some kind of normal, last year there was no end in sight, the vaccination hopefully provides an out and route to normal.

The determining factor is likely to be when people feel safe enough, the health system can cope and Covid is treated the same as we currently treat the flu, who knows how long that will be.
ac1874 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
We weren't in lockdown 4 weeks ago.

However, 4 weeks ago I think everywhere in the country was either in tier 3 or tier 4 and so non-essential travel was not permitted under those restrictions. So the vast majority of people were not allowed to travel to India for a holiday 4 weeks ago.

BTW, international travel is actually still allowed at the moment but only for essential reasons (eg. work). People can, and are, travelling on business trips to Europe and elsewhere. Holidays are not essential travel though.

Four weeks ago, I think that the only place that was in tier 1 or 2 were the Isles of Scilly. Even Cornwall was in tier 3 back then. So the vast majority of the UK could not travel for non-essential reasons.
You could still go abroad on holiday in tier 3. My friends holiday was cancelled when we went into tier 4.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
TUI have cancelled all Florida holidays until May. Hoping, we may get to go in August - fingers crossed.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

If anyone has a crystal ball for sale i would be interested . we are due to go early November, still think there is a chance and hopefully by April the picture will look alot different. Lets just keep our fingers crossed around things like vaccine supply and other variants arriving on the scene that could throw a curveball, still think there is a change for late summer onwards but at the moment no one should be going anywhere until things start to turn a significant corner.
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyStarwars View Post
If anyone has a crystal ball for sale i would be interested . we are due to go early November, still think there is a chance and hopefully by April the picture will look alot different. Lets just keep our fingers crossed around things like vaccine supply and other variants arriving on the scene that could throw a curveball, still think there is a change for late summer onwards but at the moment no one should be going anywhere until things start to turn a significant corner.
We are going at Halloween and flights were pretty much the cheapest we have ever spent.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List