Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Sep 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

That's a snack credit! - November 2019 DDP- Day nine and ten added

Hi all. Three years have finally passed and we are so close to our next Orlando adventure. This was booked last April and we have watched countless Vlogs and read countless trippies. Every food one has come with the line ‘that’s a snack credit’ as I try to train my husband and Dad on how much food they actually need to eat.

This is our first time on the dining plan and I promise to try and finish this one unlike "hungry hungry Hearne’s" which tripped out on the 12th day. It’s going to be another live report as what else is better than writing about food after you’ve eaten it and you guys have helped so much with our planning.

We don’t know when we will be going back this time as life events have changed our path. So we have done the age old thing of trying to cram as much as we can into a small timeframe and then go straight back to work after

Introductions are in order of course.

Me: 31 year old obsessive planner and researcher extraordinaire. Tried to lose weight again for this holiday but am trying to just love myself for me instead so on a path of self discovery lately. Favourite character- Stitch. Snack dreams- the humble cheese pretzel.

DH: 31 year old never quite grew up gamer. Keen pokemon player so pokemon Go in Orlando is on the books. Will hopefully be the one to power through food when we cant take anymore. Favourite Character- Baymax. Snack dreams- Num Num Cookie (also wild wings but not a snack)

DF: 55 year old lorry driver and lager connoisseur. Wants everything to spontantious and still doesnt quite get how that doesn't really work for disney. Favourite character- Baloo. Snack dreams- Pulled pork mac and cheese.

There will be a visit from my Uncle and Cousin as they live close to Orlando and its my Cousins 21st Birthday.

Venues:
We start with an overnight at the Sofitel at Gatwick North.
We then move onto 14 nights booked at AKL.
And for our swan song, we have one night on the I-drive. This was originally hard rock but we aren’t going to universal now so it seemed pointless.

Flights are Virgin economy bubble on the way and Premium on the way back in a desperate attempt to get some sleep on the plane.

Reservations so far are as follows (and always subject to change, cancellation and FOMO sydrome).

Sanaa
Be Our Guest Breakfast (just me whilst the guys are at KSC)
Teppan Edo
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Raglan Road
Homecomin Brunch and dinner
Grand Floridian cafe breakfast
Ohana breakfast
Jiko Dinner
Morimoto Lunch
Boma Breakfast
Cali Grill Dinner

I'll do some more updates on other dining and adventure plans soon.
Thanks for reading this far

Edited at 10:43 PM. Reason: Changing of plans
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
some nice restaurant choices looking forward to it
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
some nice restaurant choices looking forward to it
Thanks CMG we've also got Parsons Pig booked at Gatwick after your trippie
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to following this on our return from Florida! Will hopefully banish the inevitable disney blues, and help me plan for our 14 nights at AKL next year!
Old 5 Sep 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
Looking forward to following this on our return from Florida! Will hopefully banish the inevitable disney blues, and help me plan for our 14 nights at AKL next year!
Very good plan. AKL does look beautiful. Hope you have an awesome holiday. Not long now
Old 5 Sep 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We will be back home from our holiday when you are doing this, so it’ll be nice to have a little reminisce and hear about your trip. 👍🏻

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We will be back home from our holiday when you are doing this, so it’ll be nice to have a little reminisce and hear about your trip. 👍🏻

Kat
Thanks Kat. Hope you have an amazing time
Old 6 Sep 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hope you have a wonderful trip and I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hey guys. So we have just over two weeks left and as promised plans have changed. Chef Mickeys has been removed as has 50s prime time and cape May. We now have grand Floridian cafe breakfast, Ohana breakfast and Jiko added to the list.

We cancelled our night at HRH as we aren’t going to Universal this time so it’s just not worth the price tag for one night without using the perks.

We have instead booked a best western on I-drive for one night. Not sure what our food plans will be for I-drive but we are looking at going to Dave and Busters arcade at some point.

QS must do list is currently as follows:
Polite Pig
Blaze Pizza
Earl of sandwich
Caseys corner
Satuli Canteen
Flame Tree BBQ
Woodys Lunch Box
Katsura Grill
Sunshine Seasons

Snack Credit must dos are currently:
Eight spoons mac and cheese
Pretzels!
Num Num Cookie
Turtle Brownie
Many Starbucks drinks
Poutine

We arrive on the very last night of food and wine so we are debating going to this as I’m not sure how much will be left on the last night. However, festival of the holidays starts half way through so we will definitely be using a few credits here.

I have no idea how we are going to use so many credits. It doesn’t help dad is away for a few days so we have even more to use and neither me or dad eat big meals so QS will likely be split. Hoping that DH will pick up the slack for us 😂
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Evening all. We are currently sat in the Sofitel bar having a few drinks before bed and our flight in the morning. Evening meal was amazing. Hoping to post tonight