Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
scotmum
Trading Disney Pins

BA/ Aerlingus 2nd July

We have flights booked EDI-DUB-MCO on 2nd July. Booked through BA but operated by Aer lingus. Still not been cancelled. Has anyone else had confirmation that these have been cancelled yet? Holding out for a refund.
scotmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

We are supposed to be flying this route on the 1st July and have also heard nothing about cancellation. We did however get an email last week advising of a change to the return DUB-EDI flight time which seems to suggest they are still intending to operate.

I called BA a few days ago and was told that the flights were still scheduled. However unless the US opens up then it can't happen. There's also the small issue of Eire currently not allowing international travel so I don't see how this is going to be possible.

I've already decided that I won't be going regardless but it would be good to know if we are ever going to get any money back.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were due to fly 22nd July and just had confirmation of flight cancellation today. Offering voucher or rebook without fees. I dont want either so not sure how i get my money back
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

We're due to fly with them early September but we opted to use the rebook without fees option, so now going April and have the pleasure of paying them £140 for the pleasure to rebook with cheaper flights.
Don't ask...
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lynjowton View Post
We were due to fly 22nd July and just had confirmation of flight cancellation today. Offering voucher or rebook without fees. I dont want either so not sure how i get my money back
We are due to fly direct from DUblin to MCO on 16th July with Aer Lingus. Booked direct with them and we still haven't heard from them!

You are entitled to a refund if they cancelled and you didn't re-book or agree to a voucher.
Here's the link for the form you need to complete

aerlingus/support/fo...t-refund-form/

Incidentally, can I ask what route you were travelling? And if you booked via BA or Aer lingus direct?
Just curious as I am due to go before you and haven't heard a thing from them!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 001_ATLANTIS View Post
We are supposed to be flying this route on the 1st July and have also heard nothing about cancellation. We did however get an email last week advising of a change to the return DUB-EDI flight time which seems to suggest they are still intending to operate.

I called BA a few days ago and was told that the flights were still scheduled. However unless the US opens up then it can't happen. There's also the small issue of Eire currently not allowing international travel so I don't see how this is going to be possible.

I've already decided that I won't be going regardless but it would be good to know if we are ever going to get any money back.
Aer Lingus are only operating international flights to and fromJFK New York, Chicago and Boston.
Just because they are still operating the DUB-EDI portion of the return flight doesn't mean they are operating the ORL-DUB portion OR indeed, the outbound DUB-MCO.
They are still operating some domestic flights to/from UK etc BUT have ltd flights to USA.

If you check their live flight finder, it tells you whats travelling within the next 72hrs only. IF (72 hrs before) your flight isnt showing up and they haven't been in touch, the chances are it didn't take off at all.
In which case, fill out the refund form I've posted on this thread.
OR voucher form if you are happy with that.

Hope alll goes ok and you get your refund/voucher

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

My understanding from Ireland's 5 stage move towards exiting lockdown is that flights though Dublin are not due to resume until at least 10th August, this is step 5 of their exit plan and it will only happen if the government are happy with the way Covid 19 is being managed.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Just to clarify, Ireland did have a 5 Phase plan which they are bringing forward.

Phase 3 has almost morphed into Phase 2, with a few exceptions.

Phase 3 is 29th June, but Leo has expressed a desire for most things to be back to normal by then,( with a few exceptions) SUBJECT to public health recommendations and covid figures.
In essence, that means bringing forward some items from Phase 4(20/7) to Phase 3.

If that follows on, then the country (with a few exceptions) may be up and running on /after 20th July ie 1 month earlier than planned.

Flights were due to begin 10th August, but perhaps some domestic flights can start 20th July? I don't know and much will depend on FCO directives and situation in other countries and of course the 14 day quarantine in Ireland and any of the destinations.

Old 11 Jun 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

I already knew that international flights from Eire were not scheduled to happen until mid August but even if this is brought forward by a month it still puts paid to my flight on 1 July on the EDI-DUB-MCO route. And that's without factoring in the exclusion of people from EU countries to the US. So on balance it really doesn't look likely that I will be going anywhere.

What bothers me is that here we are, 19 days from departure as I write, and still no confirmation from BA despite the fact that they have apparently already cancelled other flights on this route for a couple of weeks later. It may just be the random way these things are done but it is making me nervous.

Ordinarily I would be devastated if my flights were cancelled but given the circumstances it is exactly what I'm desperately hoping will happen. I have no desire to potentially put myself or my family in harms way and also baulk at the the thought of spending large sums of money on what will undoubtedly be a diminished and challenging experience. If BA would only put me out of my misery.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 001_ATLANTIS View Post
I already knew that international flights from Eire were not scheduled to happen until mid August but even if this is brought forward by a month it still puts paid to my flight on 1 July on the EDI-DUB-MCO route. And that's without factoring in the exclusion of people from EU countries to the US. So on balance it really doesn't look likely that I will be going anywhere.

What bothers me is that here we are, 19 days from departure as I write, and still no confirmation from BA despite the fact that they have apparently already cancelled other flights on this route for a couple of weeks later. It may just be the random way these things are done but it is making me nervous.

Ordinarily I would be devastated if my flights were cancelled but given the circumstances it is exactly what I'm desperately hoping will happen. I have no desire to potentially put myself or my family in harms way and also baulk at the the thought of spending large sums of money on what will undoubtedly be a diminished and challenging experience. If BA would only put me out of my misery.

I totally empathise.
I think its a complete disgrace that people aren't being notified in a timely manner of cancellations and some airlines are only offering vouchers (at the last minute) or changes with no fees WHEN they are clearly entitled to a full refund.
Its almost as though they dont want to tell us, in the hope well forget about it in the scheme of things.

I'm in the same boat, awaiting to know BUT I'm also hoping they just cancel as theres too much uncertainty and none of this nonsense is good for our mental health ( or finances)!