Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Pet Sematary by Stephen King is often in the top 10 scariest/best written horror books. For me his best was Salem’s Lot. Bloody terrified me that did. Some of his books can be a long read and a few have been a little meandering for me. Loved reading Under the Dome, great concept apart from the end, which left me a little wanting more.

Have you heard of Peter Straub? He is another great Horror writer but the best horror book I have read for a while now is called Swan Song by American novelist Robert R. McCammon. This was gruesome in the extreme but amazingly written.
I had forgotten Salems Lot, this is a great thread!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It's got to be Misery.

I've read lots of Stephen King and that's my favourite.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JayC68 View Post
I'm reading The Institute right now, if you want it to give it a try before spending any money on other books I can send it to you. I've read his books since I was a a teenager though some of his later series of books weren't for me. Take care, June
That is unbelievably kind of you x x
I would worry the cost of delivery could be high x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
It's got to be Misery.

I've read lots of Stephen King and that's my favourite.
Misery was the first Stephen King book I read. It was one of those books you didn’t want to put down.

One I really liked, but doesn’t get much mention is Duma Key.
Mpet is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Stephen King also wrote under the pseudonym of Richard Bachman where he wrote Running Man, Thinner to name a few.
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I used to read King but I find recent books a bit scrappy towards the end. Nothing seems to end properly appears a bit rushed but I’m a bit grumpy at the moment so take my views with a pinch
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
The stand is my favourite. A great story with depth that draws you in and makes you disappointed to have to put it down.
I love The Stand
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

The Stand is my favourite Stephen King book. I also enjoyed The Dead Zone, Firestarter, The Shining and Salem's Lot - I think they're all pretty easy reads
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I wouldnt start with IT or the dome purley because they are long books, the dome especially. I didnt like IT, I was disappointed eith the end. The earlier ones are also my favourites. The dark half was the first Stepehn King I read. His son is Joe Hill and wrote heart shaoed bix which is also a good read. I prefer James Herbert over King, and have read many of his books several times especially the magic cottage, the dark and nobody true. Dean Kootz is another firm favourite!
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I used to read King but I find recent books a bit scrappy towards the end. Nothing seems to end properly appears a bit rushed but I’m a bit grumpy at the moment so take my views with a pinch
Yes, there’s some shockingly poor endings.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List