Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Dec 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Virgin, Tui or BA

Who would you fly with? Can you share your experiences of flying with them please. Thank you
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Virgin every day. Never had any bad experiences. BA are second, flown a few times but had older aircraft (probably upgraded now) but had flight attendants with the worst attitude. TUI I’m booked with this year, but see other threads eg. TUI Bristol. Would never book with them again. Everyone will have different views but these are my personal experiences and I’m sticking by them...
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Whoever is cheaper for the dates/duration/airports I want. Which is considerably BA as we like to fly in and out of different airports and do a random duration...16/18/13/19 nights etc. Plus it’s a £300 deposit on a fly drive. Would consider the others if they offered what we wanted. No loyalty, not bothered about crew as quite happy not to talk to anyone for 9 hours (yep, even dh & the kids lol) Found BA do be slightly better than Virgin in that respect but honestly don’t factor it in. Tui, would like to use them and book extra leg room seats which you can do on BA but they don’t offer the flexibility that BA do.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

For aircraft.. TUI. I like their B787 and the restful cabin colours. I have never had a bad experience with them. They are also likely to survive, even if this debacle goes on into next summer, being underwritten by the German government. Their destination choices are however, very limited into the USA. I cannot envisage a route that I am likely to use in the near future.

If it was our family, we always now go multi centre and book other elements through other parties, Car hires, Hotels, further mid vacation regional flights, trains etc.. then we need confidence that we will get there and if we don’t, our money back promptly without fuss... It has to be BA.. or Delta, American or United. They are all odds on to survive regardless and their refund policies have been exemplary.

Like Newtoorlando and also, Mick & Joan.. I just want to have a low price, great choice of destinations, reliability and no schmaltz or froth, simply getting on, flying and getting off with minimal, pointless crew interaction other than refreshments and meals.

I don’t like airlines telling lies, obfuscating and delaying when they owe customers refunds either. That definitely rules out one of the options.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:09 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Whoever is cheaper for the dates/duration/airports I want. Which is considerably BA as we like to fly in and out of different airports and do a random duration...16/18/13/19 nights etc. Plus it’s a £300 deposit on a fly drive. Would consider the others if they offered what we wanted. No loyalty, not bothered about crew as quite happy not to talk to anyone for 9 hours (yep, even dh & the kids lol) Found BA do be slightly better than Virgin in that respect but honestly don’t factor it in. Tui, would like to use them and book extra leg room seats which you can do on BA but they don’t offer the flexibility that BA do.
Pretty much like you really.

Haven't flown with Tui since we first went in 1990 when they were Britannia before they became Thomson etc. Have no issue with them but their PE price is never attractive to us. Plus the fact that flying into Melbourne isn't as attractive as into SFB.

Flown with the other two regularly but as far as we're concerned it's a tin tube that gets you there safely, in reasonable comfort and reasonably on time. Only £££ matters to us. Rather spend our dollars over there and not over Greenland. Neither of them are so bad or so good as to preclude the other in our opinion.

Mick
Old 28 Dec 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Can't comment on TUI as they don't have the flexibility I want for flights.

I used to be a big VA fan and still know a few people who still work for them. In the old days, VA was different and way ahead on customer service. However, over the years they have become just another airline and the service has dropped badly.

I've booked with BA for next year as their options worked for me and their pricing was far more competitive than VA. I used to fly short haul with BA fairly often for work and never had any issues.

Those in the North may have different views to those in the South as their options are different. Ultimately though, as @NewToOrlando said, it is down to who gives you the best price and options for when you want to go. You are only stuck in that big metal tube for less than a day of your whole holiday in total so you need to consider how much that time really matters in the grand scheme of things.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Out of MAN it would have to be Virgin.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List