Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Has the rule changed for FP bookings when doing a split stay? Last time I paid attention to this (2018) you would have been able to book FPs at 60 days on the night of your stay and then, on a rolling 1 day basis for each night you were then offsite but with valid park tickets. From what you've said above, it sounds like that's changed now?
Yes, this has now changed. 60 days for check in to check out day, then rolling 30 days for the rest.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cmnw00734
I have Ears

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I really need to do my research more carefully, There is a wealth of knowledge on here .
cmnw00734 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Please don't be put off by not getting a fast pass for certain rides. Are you able to do those rides in EMH instead?

And don't forget to keep trying just in case you get lucky. We were able to get some good fastpasses by reducing the number of people in our party and they booking again for the remaining people with overlapping times.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
This is why some of us were saying that there really isn't any benefit to booking a 1 night stay at a Disney hotel when booking fastpasses. However there are other benefits such as free MagicBands and two days of EMH. There's only really a benefit when booking fastpasses if you are staying for several days (say, 5 or more).

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Has the rule changed for FP bookings when doing a split stay? Last time I paid attention to this (2018) you would have been able to book FPs at 60 days on the night of your stay and then, on a rolling 1 day basis for each night you were then offsite but with valid park tickets. From what you've said above, it sounds like that's changed now?
Yes, Disney changed that a while back (I forget when). The 60 day window only applies to those days spent on-site. The other days can only be booked 30 days beforehand now.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rust
Getting to know the DIBB

Managed to pick up FPs for FOP and SDMT today for the end of October, so keep looking, they are definitely out there.
rust is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
I think it’s fairly common knowledge now that a single night stay isn’t enough to get the really difficult FP. However that really only applies to FOP, SDD and SDMT. Everything else is usually available. Part of the issue with a one night stay is that you only have a total of 6 fast passes bookable at 60 days, so of course you can’t do everything.

Personally I feel the system is ok. It’s right really that it rewards onsite guests - that is what you pay for and makes business sense for Disney as they want people filling their hotel rooms and making them money. However offsite guests still get the opportunity to book fast passes - unlike with Universal’s system. And in truth, the vast majority of rides have good availability at 30 days and availability the day before or day of. It’s natural to fixate on the popular rides, but without fast pass at all they’d still be popular and still difficult to get on.
I don't understand why people fixate on the popular rides. Mind you despite being Welsh I've never been a sheep. I just ride what I actually want to ride and don't care about popularity.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I don't it's so much people booking at 90days that's the issue, more that you're day one is someone else's day 10, 11, 12... if my 2 week holiday starts 14days before your overnight I would've been able to book all my FPs already.

I don't think it's worth booking one night just for FPs but if there's say 4 of you that were going to buy magic bands anyway, you have car parking to pay and there's EMH you actually want to go to if might be. Until parking charges at the resorts start next year, that will make it less of a deal.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I don't understand why people fixate on the popular rides. Mind you despite being Welsh I've never been a sheep. I just ride what I actually want to ride and don't care about popularity.
Well they’re popular for a reason to be fair. Flight of Passage is the best ride I’ve ever been on in a theme park bar none.

OP, don’t be disheartened. With a little bit of work when you’re there you can get hard to get FP. I’ve managed to rearrange our days many times by just refreshing MDE - grab a FP even if it doesn’t suit time wise, keep modifying until it gets to a time you want.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I don't understand why people fixate on the popular rides.
Erm, because they're popular?

By definition, they are popular because these are the rides people fixate on. That's erm, what popular means. Similarly, most people don't fixate on unpopular things.

Did you mean to say that you don't understand why rides like SDMT and SDD are popular?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List