Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Oct 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

thanks Mick. That explanation does make sense.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post
thanks Mick. That explanation does make sense.
I did think at first that the VTP tag disabled the camera but some VTP users have said that they've still seen a camera flash so chmurf's explanation made more sense to me.

Mick
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post
Really gutted that this isn't running in January when I go. Always feel a bit fleeced when getting hit with the admin fee before I have change for the tolls.
It will be running this January as they told us it is going to at least June.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
TankEngine
Helping Minnie

Used this all last week. No issues. Collected tag, collected rental car. Tag on rear view mirror, closed Avis tag. Drive out rental area and all good to go. E-Mail to confirm marriage of tag and number plate later that day.
Drop off rental car. Drop-off tag in collection bin in walkway. Get E-Mail with charges 3-4 days later.

Great service as no extra charges for days used!
TankEngine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
GE0RDIE1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Julie. The Visitor Scheme by a long shot. Takes the Alamo admin fee out of the equation. Now we know that's not much but any saving is worth having.

For somebody like me who does 2 tolls per holiday it's not worth doing as I pay cash on the Beachline. The rest of the holiday I avoid the tolls.
Mr Tom we go in 6 weeks. Seen a lot of this visitor pass thing and we only use tolls to and from the airport. Can we still pay cash on the tolls to and from mco
GE0RDIE1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by GE0RDIE1 View Post
Mr Tom we go in 6 weeks. Seen a lot of this visitor pass thing and we only use tolls to and from the airport. Can we still pay cash on the tolls to and from mco
Hi. Yes you can. I will be doing exactly this next Saturday and again 3 weeks later heading back to the airport. Cash rules for me as I only hit 2 x tolls all holiday.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thanks for this. Didn’t know about it. We’re hiring a car and will be driving places so have ordered one.
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Collected the Visitor pass last night and everything went smoothly, had an email from Sunpass to confirm the car License Plate has been Successfully Paired on leaving MCO.

I asked the Sunpass guy how long they are planning on doing the scheme, he said the Mayor has extended it until June 20 but they were looking at longer than that as its been so successful.

On another note, Alamo didn't have much choice in Garage B for 7 seaters, 99% of the cars were Dodge Grand Caravans.
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by toonmadlad View Post
.. had an email from Sunpass to confirm the car License Plate has been Successfully Paired on leaving MCO.

I asked the Sunpass guy how long they are planning on doing the scheme, he said the Mayor has extended it until June 20 but they were looking at longer than that as its been so successful.
You didn't get an email from 'Sunpass' - and you wouldn't have spoken to a 'Sunpass' guy. The Visitor Toll Pass is actually issued by the Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) and is the visitor version of E-Pass which they issue to locals. Check the agreement you signed for confirmation! You'll find details on the CFX website, which has agendas and minutes of the CFX Board meetings. Sunpass is a completely DIFFERENT transponder scheme issued by the Florida Turnpike Authority (part of the Florida Department of Transportation, through their contractor Conduent). E-Pass and Sunpass are effectively rival systems.
Sunpass is irrelevant to visitors in rental cars unless you have purchased your own Sunpass transponder.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
GE0RDIE1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. Yes you can. I will be doing exactly this next Saturday and again 3 weeks later heading back to the airport. Cash rules for me as I only hit 2 x tolls all holiday.
Excellent thanks
GE0RDIE1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List