Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Sep 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Heathrow Premier Inn? Which one?

Hi all!

I wondered if anyone had a recommendation for which Premier Inn is a good one to choose? I didn’t realise there were so many around Heathrow!

We’ll be flying from Terminal 2, although will be doing meet and greet parking so doesn’t really matter about driving there in the morning! Just not sure of the best one to choose ☺️
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We usually stay at the Bath Road PI but have the terminal 4 one booked for May.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

The Bath Road one is super.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

our last two trips have been out of T2 and T3 and both times we have stayed at the T4 PI. its gets great reviews on trip advisor if you need convincing (got it for £30 each time too). we do meet and greet parking as well so what I do is when I book to drop off at T4 and pick up at the returning terminal. you can make this selection at booking (through official parking anyway) and its actually cheaper to when choosing T4 drop off compared to T2/3. (remind the agent when you drop off you are returning to a different terminal) I drop the clan in the underground car park at the PI and then round the corner to T4 to drop the car and walk back to the PI using the walkway attached to the terminal. I reckon from leaving them at the PI to getting back to them was about 15 minutes.
in the morning its about a 7 minute walk back to the terminal from the PI then jump in the lift down to the train station and take the free train to T2/3. its a 7 minute journey and trains are every 15 minutes. from getting of the train its a 3 minute walk to T3 and about 10 to T2

Edited at 12:31 PM.
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks Oeamon, I didn’t even realise you’d be able to drop off at one terminal and pick up at another! That sounds like a really good plan! Thankfully it will just be my Husband and I, so we’d probably just go drop the car off together and go from there!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
I’ve stayed in the Terminal 4 PI a couple times for weekends and used it to get into London on the Tube, also stayed there before a flight and I highly recommend it. It’s only about 18 months old so still quite new and it’s close to the trains/tubes for transferring terminals. I’ve always paid about £30-50 for a room which is really good.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have stayed at the Bath Road and T4 PI , we would recommend either of them.

We tend to stay at the Bath Road one if we take a vehicle as the long stay car park is right next door then just a shuttle bus ride to the terminals. No vehicle then it’s T4 where it’s easy to get to any of the terminals on foot and free short train journey.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks all. Pretty much all of them are coming in at £29.50 at the moment which is a ridiculously cheap price! Think we’ll probably go with Bath Road, it does look a bit older but I think seems easier with our car, and cheaper to park there than pay for another night of airport parking!
Old 5 Sep 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We really like the Bath Rd one. We use it even when just visiting London, walking Ito the free bus zone and then using the transport centre tube station.

Already booked for this Easter hols, day before travel and night of return... £29 each night.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Bath Road for us too. Stayed there several times and it’s a great example of a PI. We use Purple Parking next door which is really convenient. Our next stay is on Boxing Day and it was £29 per room, absolute bargain!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List