Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 29 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Mobile Online Check in Seating Worry

Hi, we are due to fly to Sanford via Tui in September, my daughter has Learning Difficulties she must be seated with us for obvious reasons, we have be assured that we have three welfare seats in economy all seated together but nothing on paper to prove it, so I'm wondering do I check in online or do it on the day, has anybody got any experience of this?
Thanks in advance
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When we flew to Mexico with TUI, we were allowed free pre-booked seats due to DS being Autistic and were told on the phone which seats it was, that said, they never showed up under the manage your booking type part of their website.

I called about a month before just to recheck and asked for e-mail confirmation which I did receive from memory and the seats were all there when I did on-line check in.

If you are worried, give them a ring
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks HenrysDad that's pretty much the same as what's happening to us, I dont know why they cant put the seats on the eticket confirmation it would put everybody at ease as it is a big worry
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

I had this and I eventually got an email from special assistance confirming which seats they were. Then it did go onto manage my booking at 90days return. Have you booked on line or in shop? Mine was in shop so I got them ring through and badgered them till I got an email.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
I had this and I eventually got an email from special assistance confirming which seats they were. Then it did go onto manage my booking at 90days return. Have you booked on line or in shop? Mine was in shop so I got them ring through and badgered them till I got an email.
Hi TomDan

I booked online, I went on to online chat again, they said it was a different system they use so they couldn't put the seats on the e ticket confirmation, and went on to say the seats are definitely ours and we would't be able to check in online, we would have to check in on the day via the Special Assistance desk.
I didn't know there was one, interesting, the plot thickens
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
Hi TomDan

I booked online, I went on to online chat again, they said it was a different system they use so they couldn't put the seats on the e ticket confirmation, and went on to say the seats are definitely ours and we would't be able to check in online, we would have to check in on the day via the Special Assistance desk.
I didn't know there was one, interesting, the plot thickens
Hi there. Which airport are you flying from? I didn't know about a special assistance desk for checking in! See what happens when I try to book in 🤔
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Hi there. Which airport are you flying from? I didn't know about a special assistance desk for checking in! See what happens when I try to book in 🤔
We're flying from East Midlands, every time I speak to Tui I get a different story, I'm sure the last person I spoke to advised me to check in online.
Ive not known a Special Assistance check in desk before
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

We're flying from East Midlands, every time I speak to Tui I get a different story, I'm sure the last person I spoke to advised me to check in online.
We have been from east Midlands before and never known a special assistance check in desk. Could you phone the airport and check with them about if tui have a special assistance desk? Bit confusing!
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Let us know how you get on with checking in and the seats
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
flew with TUI now every year for 14 years and never known a special assistance desk

on check in we have all the relevant paperwork to hand to them

my worry would be at Sanford and they never have any information (and that is every year this happens) hence I always push for paperwork

we pay to get the seats we want/need as is to stressful but still get the paperwork for the seats and all the extras we need for our DS

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List