Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Unread 7 Oct 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Walkers Grr

I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.

Edited at 07:33 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.
But the same system is open to you to use and walk to get the reservation you want.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip as a foursome
Unread 7 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Ive walked reservations. Its available for all members.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Ive walked reservations. Its available for all members.
Me too. Always for VGC!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip as a foursome
Unread 7 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yes Gavvy I agree its very annoying. I dont know what the answer is.

Personally I simply cant be free to do it every day at the right time, nor do I have enough points to walk early enough to guarantee my booking. So although people may say its available to everyone, it isnt a level playing field (from my perspective).
Unread 7 Oct 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I am not against walking, it's just at this rate I won't be able to get in on my day one until... well god knows, I am lucky that I can go any time between Sep and Nov 30... so I Should be able to get in at some stage.

It's just annoying as more and more are walking and its now v hard to get dates you need- unless you too walk months out- making the problem even worse.

I'd be happy to say pay an admin fee after say 3 or 4 changes, as long as it went to the cost of dues...which of course Disney would never do it go straight to Uncle Bobs 401k
Unread 7 Oct 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just booked our BWV stay for end of August next year and all room types were available for our 12 night stay. thought maybe things weren't as busy but obviously not. I've never walked- never had to in 20'years -have we just been lucky! 😬 Is it busy because of food and wine? Not sure I could manage to walk a reservation - sounds torturous!

WDW 1991, 1993, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2016, 2017
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boardwalk and Disney Fantasy
Unread 7 Oct 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mobile

Its the standards being walked and yeah its food and wine and low points. Hardest time to get a standard. Looks like I should have walked since August.
I will keep trying but its hard as I am in work at 12 when the booking window opens.
Ocean Florida