Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
soexcited28
Proud to wear my Ears

Discovery cove: bad weather?

Wasn’t sure where to put this question really?!
Anyway we have discovery cove booked for 9 days into our 2 week holiday the forecast at the moment has a lightening symbol on it for that day and days after too, has anyone ever been and had to change days or even cancel due to bad weather?
Thanks
soexcited28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Not changed it, but if you have the dolphin swim (or anything additional) booked, get there before park opening and book an early slot. We arrived at ~6.45am, booked our dolphin swim for 8.30am and then could chill for the remainder and enjoy
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I know they will go ahead with dolphin swims in the rain but not if lightening-
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

thunderstorm forecasts do not mean much in Florida
it's a "chances of T-Storm", if it's over 50% you'll get the symbol

it does not mean there will be a T-storm

and even if there is, there can be a T-storm over Magic Kingdom, but be bright sun, blue skies over DC

then T-storms rarely last for a long time. Quite often, they last minutes, and 20 minutes later you'll have forgotten they were even there.

next, anyone who could predict the weather in florida weeks in advance should open a fortune telling business :p

so don't stress

if it's only raining, they'll keep the park opened (you'll be wet no matter what, right ? )

if there is thunder storms within 10 miles, they will evacuate the pools, and allow access again when the storm has gone sufficiently far away

if they have to close the parks due to weather, they will allow you to reschedule.

please check their weather policy discoverycove/orlando/he...eather-policy/
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
soexcited28
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you all yes we have the dolphin swim and Seaventure booked, we went for a Saturday as the other parks may be busy but we still have a few days left if the worst did happen,
The weather doesn’t look great going by the forecast but I’ll take it with a pinch of salt 🧂 thank you
soexcited28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We moved our booking due to the incoming hurricane Dorian, had no problem moving it. I don't know if they'll just move it because a forecast has thunderstorms on it, it pretty much says that for every day in the summer.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I went to Orlando last month. Thunderstorms were forecast for every day of my stay and I didn't get any. Same when I went last September.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Last time we went there was a storm warning and when we arrived they gave us the option of coming back another day, we took the risk and the weather stayed fine.
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We didn’t have a good experience this summer when we wanted to change our day as the forecast was pretty bad for the day we booked. It was a nightmare to change and because we’d booked with the blue Friday deal I got the impression they really didn’t want to change it (45 mins on the phone repeatedly put on hold, refusing to call me back to save my call cost while they ‘tried’ to changed it for me).

It was eventually changed but when we arrived on the morning she had ‘accidentally’ changed it to a non dolphin swim.

I’d recommend finding a U.K. number to call them on or pop in to discovery cove to change it.

It turned out the day we changed it to the weather was worse than the day we originally had booked and we spent more time out of the water then in it.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I found contacting them on Facebook Messenger was really easy. I sorted my date-change out on there with no problems
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List