Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Oct 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pmidds
Earning More Ears

Mobile BA Cancellation

Hi everyone,

After some advice from those more knowledgeable than me.

Was just informed by email and text today that our return flight from NYC had been cancelled. I've managed to speak to one of their advisors but not really too happy with the outcome.

Instead of leaving Newark at 19:40 we now leave JFK at 22:45. I don't really mind the later flight but it's going to be hard on the children. However, this now means that we'll miss our connecting flight to Newcastle. We'll now have over 5 hours to kill in Heathrow.

Flights out of New York are very busy during half term and thats the only flight they can get the 8 of us on.

From looking at BAs site there's availability in premium economy on other flights but not economy. I did a dummy booking on BAs US site and was able to get 8 seats on a far better flight though.

So, is there different availability depending where you book from? And would we be able to claim for the inconvenience this causes? Thinking about extra food costs, car parking etc.

I know its not the end of the world, but having 4 tired kids complaining after what should be a good holiday is slightly annoying!
pmidds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Do American Airlines have any suitable flights ?
If they do give BA a call and ask to be moved. If you do fly with AA transatlantic you will have to transfer from T3 to T5 at Heathrow to continue up to Newcastle.
What exact date were you due to fly ?
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pmidds
Earning More Ears

Pretty much every BA flight, and all it's partner airlines are fully booked. This is for 31st October and the 1st November. HAd to bite the bullet and bchange the flight to the only one they offered.

Got to admit BAs customer service is pretty appalling.
pmidds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

There's another ongoing thread about those receiving emails regarding cancelled flights. You may garner some info there... see HERE

Good luck, hope you get sorted asap, no thanks to a 5 hour layover afore heading back to the Toon! It was due to LHR/LGW layovers that we quit flying via London 9 years ago, hours of waiting around for our Toon flight had me sickly.