Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

Mobile What are Norwegian flights like?

As title says really
Thanks Angie
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew with Norwegian on their Dreamliner in March... very good service from start to end.

We had the absolute no frills ticket which luckily came with x2 20kg each for a grand total of £617 for two adults. We couldn't select seating or anything, however I spoke to someone ahead of time via their online chat, who actually booked us extra legroom seats free of charge and they threw in the 'nice and tasty' meal which was okay for what it was.

I would 100% fly them again if the right deal came along, however do note that things are looking quite bleak for them right now, so book with caution ensuring you have end supplier failure or you book with a CC.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I flew in to Boston with them in July, returning to London from Miami in August. (3 weeks later).

Lovely new B787s both ways, nice staff and for us, razor sharp pricing.

Going out, we only wanted allocated seats and got exit row, right next to the air bridge door for £25pp. We were first and third off, with the wife and other son around 10th off as they were in the row behind.

Food? Didn’t want it. My £3.99 WH Smith meal deal looked vastly superior to the food and cheap wine of the guy sitting next to me (it was the same poor standard as any other airline food in economy). He even offered a swap (without wine), that my son and I declined graciously.

Baggage? We do fine on hand baggage only, even if hold baggage is free.. why pay for it when you don’t need it? It was great getting from air bridge to taxi in 25 minutes including immigration and customs. The baggage reclaim hadn’t even fired up when we passed it.

Coming home from Miami...

There was a 1 hour delay due to inclement weather for all aircraft. The pilot got half an hour of that back in flight. Not Norwegians fault!

We paid £50 total for hold baggage, seat allocation and food, coming home The food was of the normal appalling standard of US loaded meals and we didn’t need the hold baggage.

I would use them again in a heartbeat.i dont end up paying for things that I neither want, nor need. They must have the cheapest long haul exit row seats crossing the Atlantic.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

My son just got back from Boston and he said they were good for budget / no hold luggage travellers.

Service was friendly, but food and drink other than water had to be paid for. Basic WiFi is free and so so quality. He upgraded WiFi to mid range package on the way back for £4 and it was better for social media.

Leg room was ok.

He would book another short term flight with them again. He has some reservations about long term booking in terms of solvency rumours, but hopefully this won’t happen anyway.