Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
:) This time we REALLY ARE going to Nashville - Day 7 - Homeward Bound

Day 6 is here

Thursday 7th September

So we have reached our last day, it was time to go home! While we were sad to be leaving, our livers were definitely rejoicing!

We woke at 7.30am. We stripped the bed and put the bedding in the wash. I think I forgot to mention that the apartment had a washing machine and tumble dryer and they came in super handy! We didn’t have a big pile of dirty laundry to take home – one of the reasons we are not hotel people!

We had some snacks left to use up, so a healthy breakfast of Lays and 3 Musketeers was had. Love that you can eat total garbage for breakfast on holiday haha!

It was another beautiful day so we went up to the rooftop to enjoy our last rays of sunshine before showering. Lovely

Chris went back downstairs first to go for his shower. I was going to follow a few minutes behind him, but I tired the door and…… LOCKED. The lock was one of those push in buttons on the door knobs and it must have been pushed in by accident, so when Chris closed the door it locked! I tried phoning Chris and banging on the door, but he was in the shower and obviously couldn’t hear me. Finally, about ten minutes later, he appeared! He found the whole thing hilarious as he told me had been singing away in the shower and was taking his merry time! :angry: I'm just glad we didn’t shut the door when we were both up there! God knows how we would have gotten down!

Anyway, drama over with, I went and got myself showered and we were ready to leave the apartment We ordered an Uber and it arrived at 10.25. We didn’t really have time to do anything before our flight, so we just headed straight to the airport.

We were checked in and through security by 10.45! That must be some kind of record, no? Very easy! Well done Nashville!

We were in need of proper food now, so we headed to Noshville. See what they did there?

They had these wee buttons on the table that I refrained from pushing. I wonder how many kids poke at these?

Anyhoo, we ordered 2 x BLT toasties with fries, a coke and a Michelob Ultra and it was all very good! Look at that crispy bacon. All. The. Drool.

I then nipped over to Starbucks to grab my Nashville mug which I had forgotten to get in the city. So glad they had them at the airport! We still had lots of time to kill so we generally wondered about, popping in and out of shops and then went to Neeley's for a drink. Chris saw someone with a portion of chicken wings and he couldn’t resist getting some for himself. I have literally written "oink" in my notes haha! I don’t appear to have photographed this moment!

Whilst in there we saw a guy who could not have been a day younger than 55 getting ID'd. I mean, really? I know they take it seriously, but settle down. Anyway, we sat and did an Asda home delivery for the following day. We are normally Tesco people, but they didn’t have any available slots.

Our flight to Newark was delayed by 20 minutes, so we sat and watched some Impractical Jokers while we waited. Always good for a laugh. We took off at 3pm and I think we slept in between demolishing some snacks (Pringles, beer and coke). We landed at 6pm local time, but it took AGES to taxi to the gate and we weren’t getting off until 6.30pm. Annoying.

Manhattan….

Unbelievably we went and got more food! Boredom rather than hunger I think. Our second trip to Newark Airport wasn’t any more enjoyable than the first. It really is a bit of a shambles. Anyhoo, I had a chicken cheesesteak (I asked for Mozzarella only, cos you know how I am with cheese) and Chris got a burger. I seem to remember it took us both ages to be served. The employees seem to be really disinterested here.

Mine was horrible and I threw most of it away. So, my next move is totally justified…..

We boarded for our flight to Edinburgh at 7.25pm and were seated in the back row. We had a spare seat in our row and we were reallllllly hoping that it would stay that way. Lot's of side eye was going on when folk were walking in our direction Thankfully it remained unoccupied and we had ourselves a SNACK CHAIR I sadly didn’t photograph the snack chair either. Oh dear. I must have been sleepy!

We noticed the movies on the entertainment systems hadn’t been updated to September's offering, so that was a bit disappointing. First world problems and all that. I settled on Fantastic Beasts. I really want a Niffler

Our take off time came and went. We were told that we were delayed due to a thunderstorm in Connecticut and they weren’t sure how long it would be until we could get off the ground. The pilot came back and updated us every 20 minutes as to where our place was in the queue. Eventually we were given a take-off slot and it was to be 9.24pm. Sadly this didn’t happen and we weren’t on the runway until 9.45pm which was over 90 minutes after the original flight time. Now, I understand that these things can't be helped, but we were pretty disappointed that we weren’t even given a glass of water while we waited. The plane was so hot and stuffy and it would have been really nice to have some refreshment! Not cool United

Anyway, the beautiful views over NYC soon eased our moods.

Lady Liberty can be seen in this one

I continued watching Fantastic Beasts while Chris enjoyed watching Gold. Tea was served around 10.30pm and it was Chinese Chicken. It was not bad. Here's a high quality photo of it….

After that I watched some of Moana and then slept on and off. We enjoyed having the spare seat to put our legs up on! We started our descent into "Edinboro" around 8.20am and touched down at 8.35am. In the end, we were only 40 minutes behind schedule which wasn’t bad considering how late we were in taking off!

It took ages for the wee shuttle bus to come and get us from the plane. Grrr. Don’t you just hate that? There is literally no reason we couldn’t have walked to the terminal. I guess it’s a safety thing? Still, annoying when you are tired and grouchy! Haha! Anyway, once inside we collected our bags fairly painlessly and then called the folk that had our car. When we got to the car park they were already there checking off other folk from their list. This was such a good service and one we wouldn’t hesitate to use again. They are called Ace Meet & Greet if anyone is interested.

We were on the road home by 9.45am. We stopped once, in Dundee, for tea/coffee and some snacks and then just carried on for home! I kept falling asleep and banging my head off the window which Chris found all too hilarious. It was only later on I realised he was doing exaggerated turns round bends to make this happen. I will get him back one of these days!

We got in the door at 12.20pm and the first thing I needed was a decent cup of tea in my shiny new mug!

That is where my notes stop, but I can safely guess that we unpacked and then napped

Steps today - 8,770

So, there we have it. Our week in Nashville was over all too soon and what a week it was! We had an absolute hoot, literally loved every second of it. There is so much fun to be had in that city! Even if you aren’t into bars and drinking, there is still loads of other stuff to see and do. If you ARE into bars and drinking – you would ADORE IT The atmosphere in those Broadway bars and the talent to be seen is unbelievable. Everyone is so friendly too. Imagine a street back home that was lined with bars that opened at 10am every morning and closed at 3am the next morning? It would be a disaster. We didn’t see one cross word the entire week, let alone any actual fighting. Just lovely, happy people

We will definitely be back! Next time I'd like to do some stuff a bit more off the beaten track – like the old plantations and stuff! But first, we are back to Orlando in April PTR coming soon…….

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

great report,looking forward to the april trippie mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Great report - we really liked Nashville airport. How cool to get a snack chair on your flight as well!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report love reading them as always. Looking forward to the Orlando instalment

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013,15 & 19 RI@ Pointe 14/16/17/19/22/23/23 LBV 18/22
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ah time to go home a great travel day though despite the delayed flight (having a snack chair hopefully made up for it!)

I had to chuckle at ‘Noshville’... ingenious!

Such a brilliant report, it has certainly got me yearning for a trip to Nashville! You guys totally made the most of your week there and had an absolute blast... thank you so much for sharing such a brilliant trip with us!

Roll on the Orlando PTR... can’t blooming wait! xxx
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

What a beautiful sky - so different from your arrival day. I had to laugh at you getting locked out on the roof - anything to avoid coming home!

Noshville. Snort.

I’m glad you wrote “oink” in your notes - maybe Chris needs to reconsider his helpful reminders about your Florida body 👀

Ahhh reading this has made me pine for NYC so badly! Love seeing Manhattan all lit up.

Brilliant TR as ever! Loved reading along. Pleased your livers survived xxx
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've really enjoyed this report, looks like yous have had an amazing time

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
great report,looking forward to the april trippie mo x
Thank you very much xx

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Great report - we really liked Nashville airport. How cool to get a snack chair on your flight as well!
I know, I love a snack chair Thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by Manyin View Post
Great report love reading them as always. Looking forward to the Orlando instalment
Thank you! Must get the PTR started! xx

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Ah time to go home a great travel day though despite the delayed flight (having a snack chair hopefully made up for it!)

I had to chuckle at ‘Noshville’... ingenious!

Such a brilliant report, it has certainly got me yearning for a trip to Nashville! You guys totally made the most of your week there and had an absolute blast... thank you so much for sharing such a brilliant trip with us!

Roll on the Orlando PTR... can’t blooming wait! xxx
Thank you lovely

We totally did have a blast. I don't think I've ever laughed so much on a holiday haha!

xxx

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
What a beautiful sky - so different from your arrival day. I had to laugh at you getting locked out on the roof - anything to avoid coming home!

Noshville. Snort.

I’m glad you wrote “oink” in your notes - maybe Chris needs to reconsider his helpful reminders about your Florida body 👀

Ahhh reading this has made me pine for NYC so badly! Love seeing Manhattan all lit up.

Brilliant TR as ever! Loved reading along. Pleased your livers survived xxx
Hahahahaha exactly. Cheeky monkey that he is!

Thanks for reading along with me lovely xxx

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
I've really enjoyed this report, looks like yous have had an amazing time
Thank you, we did xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fa$$a
Trying for More Ears

Hi Rachael,
So glad you had a brilliant time 👍🏻👍🏻 Thanks for the report, so good as always and looking forward to your next Florida one. I’m not going next year and it’s my 50th! 😱😱 how crazy is that, not being in Florida on my best birthday, so your report will give me my fix xx
Claire x
fa$$a is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Loved reading this! Looking forward to your Orlando PTR! x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List