Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Did your day go as planned?

Anything not quite as expected/wished?

Anything you are classing as a spectacular fail?

Anything you are already thinking you’d change this year?

For us, for the first time in YEARS we were all
wrapped and present shopped a week before so that left Xmas eve nice and easy and us in bed much earlier! Made all the difference xmas day so we weren’t too tired!

Girls had us up at 6.05 (we said not before anything that doesnt start with a 6! )

Grandparents came round in the morning and that was always good fun as my dad is like a big child and the kids love it!

Only us for dinner and we ate an hour or so later than planned but that was because we spent the day playing with the kids! It was lovey not being set to a time!

The thing I would change is that we did a food shop on Saturday evening (we had meat from local butchers so it was just veg and a few remaining food treats for the kids to choose). It’s always brave shoooing with four kids and at night even more so . I did it to coincide with my very small order to collect of special pudding and posh gravy from M&S which was 9pm. All I can say is 7pm in Tesco on 22nd is manic; not necessarily amount of people but all the blooody stocking up trollies they have lined up down the isles. You have to walk almost the full length to get to items on the opposite shelves .

This meant we ended up nipping to Sainsbury and then Asda too and not getting him til after 10pm. Least the kids slept in the next day .

So how about you? Any changes?

Beck x
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Ours almost went pretty perfect then fell in the evening. We opened the boys new big smart TV for in the playroom (which I got in the Black Friday sales) the screen was all smashed. My 12 year old who is On the autistic spectrum and has ADHD was heart broke and also suddenly coming down with a bad cold (nose, throat and head killing him) he was heartbroken! My 5 year old had eaten too much and felt really sick ! So it ended with tears
My husband was out side the store ready for 9am opening this morning. The TV was £170 more but luckily we had the receipt so they just swapped it. Thank goodness, so a very happy 12 year old and my 5 year old feels no longer feels sick!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It did yes! Kids happy and tasty dinner. Feeling very lucky ❤️
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just realised on Christmas eve near midnight that we had only a red cabbage and no other fresh veg for Christmas dinner. Had house guests all weekend and had used up all the fresh veg I had bought. Wasn't in a position to go looking for an open shop (hic) so made do with the red cabbage and frozen peas. No-one complained.

Also, DS2 girlfriend has just moved in with him and they are very loved up. I spent time putting together a Christmas Eve box (pyjamas, blankie, candles, fizz, chocolate, DVD - you get the picture ), only to have them announce they were coming to stay at ours on Christmas Eve. The idea of the box was so they would stay at their own place, as with our guests and our other DS, I knew it would be tight for bathroom space in the morning! And it was!

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Disney_time is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Our day went as planned. Oh, Dd (17) and I went out Xmas eve, came home and watched Nightmare before Christmas so it was a late start (about 8) Christmas Day.
Had Buck’s Fizz, opened our presents and oh made smoked salmon, prawns and scrambled egg on toast for us.
Dd went to her bf then they both came back to open his presents. They went to his grandparents and Oh and I had 3 drinks at the local weatherspoons which was quiet. Then to mums, it was mad as my 3 great nieces (aged 8 and twins 6) plus autistic great nephew, 10 were there. Toys and rubbish all over the house and great nephew opened a can of beer and poured it over the carpet then softener in the conservatory. Had a lovely roast and tidied up when the kids went home. Dd and her bf came there later and enjoyed cheese and played Articulate with my niece and mum, which was great fun. Got home about 9.30. Overall a great day for us.

Edited at 05:12 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Total washout for us sadly, friends were coming then weren't (not a problem as let us know early) so just us two - lovely. Then they couldn't go to their sons after all (don't ask), so suddenly they were coming to us- fine. Bought extra stuff then I woke up with the mother of all colds bad enough to be possible flu ! Unable to do much at all, let alone cook etc for 4. Rang friends, they don't want a cold as going away so back to us two! Got up made the best of it, cooked, ate small lunch and went back to bed where I have stayed more or less since then. Merry Christmas all.
Old 26 Dec 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Not at all as planned.

Hubby, DD(24), DS (21) and I drove an hour and a half to my parents where I cook the meal as they don't travel much.

Just serving the lunch at 1.00 and dad said he felt a bit odd, went with him whilst he had a lay down as he looked awful An hour later he is writhing on the bed in agony and I'm having to call an ambulance as I couldn't get him in the car. Off to A&E where I sat with him for the next 8 hours or so. Discharged him at 10pm having got the pain under control, no surgical team available so he may need to go back if problem recurs.

Deposited dad back at his house at 10.15, ate a quick turkey sandwich with mum then we drove home arriving about midnight.
Food all wasted as everyone lost their appetite, luckily DH and I weren't drinking as we knew we would have to drive.

However nothing but praise for all the staff we came in to contact with; ambulance crew, nurses, doctors, x-ray staff and even the cleaners were all so lovely to us. I work in the NHS as well and in a previous role I worked Christmas day too so I know it's not much fun really but they were all amazing. We should all be so thankful for our NHS!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Our first Xmas in Florida went well apart from DD13 turning her new laptop on and it crashing straight away. Can't work out what's wrong with it so it'll be going back to be looked at as soon as we're home. It was fine before we came away as I downloaded some of the included Intel software to it.
Had Chinese for lunch and the sun was shining so managed to get in the pool and hot tub.
Old 26 Dec 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Didn’t see my DD as my ex was being a ****.
Hey ho, have seen her today and we’ve had a girly day doing hair and makeup together.
Christmas Day was spent with my SIL to be, her two children and my DF. It was there first Christmas without husband/dad, emotional but we had a great day.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Ours almost went pretty perfect then fell in the evening. We opened the boys new big smart TV for in the playroom (which I got in the Black Friday sales) the screen was all smashed. My 12 year old who is On the autistic spectrum and has ADHD was heart broke and also suddenly coming down with a bad cold (nose, throat and head killing him) he was heartbroken! My 5 year old had eaten too much and felt really sick ! So it ended with tears
My husband was out side the store ready for 9am opening this morning. The TV was £170 more but luckily we had the receipt so they just swapped it. Thank goodness, so a very happy 12 year old and my 5 year old feels no longer feels sick!

Sorry that hear about th upset and difficulty the TV caused. Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted though. X
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List