Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Jan 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Ours are coming down tomorrow. We have not had any visitors over the festive season and now they are boring me.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
We’ll be doing ours on the 6th
Our tree has hardly dropped any needles yet 👍🏻
Same here. I want to keep the sparkle for as long as possible. 😁🌲

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Everything but the trees have been de Christmased today. Will do 1 tree tomorrow and one on Friday then it can all go away Saturday. I hate doing it but love the house back to normal when it's done. I have a mountain of Christmas smelly candles left do the house will continue to smell of Christmas for weeks! 😂

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve done mine this evening and it was tedious! Usually like them down before I go back to work but didn’t get chance so after a surprisingly productive first day back at work it’s been a productive evening too!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

All the decorations are carefully wrapped and ready to go in the loft, but we’ve got a new artificial tree and I cannot figure out how to collapse the stand My partner’s going to have to have a crack at it tonight. I don’t want a bare tree in the living room, reminding me that Christmas is over!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
I thought it had to be done before or on, not after😉
Considering that Christmas decorations are used to celebrate the Christmas period and the Christmas period lasts until the 12th night (which is the 5th Jan, I believe?), then usually decorations should be left up until at least the 5th Jan.

There's a weird superstition that says you shouldn't leave the decorations up after that, but it is just a superstition.

Of course, you can choose to remove the decorations whenever you want or not have any decorations at all. It's up to you. We'll probably be taking ours down on Saturday.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Started taking them down yesterday and tree goes down today, dh is back at work tomorrow. I always keep them up because it’s ds birthday on the 1st Jan, time to forget about Christmas and make plans for the new year ahead!
Old 3 Jan 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

M&S had their Valentines day displays up today when we went in. Cards, wrapping, sweets etc..
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just put ours away back in the loft after 5 hours of packing it all away. Hubby helped by undressing the trees or I'd still be at it. It looks horribly bare.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Doing ours over the weekend. It does always look so bare after they go. kind of like them! haha

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List