Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Apr 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkmad82
Looking for my Ears

How frustrating! I would not be very happy either.

I went to collect mine the next day, and was at Disney Springs quite early so there wasn't many people around at that point.

Hope you get sorted quicker when you go back.
Old 9 Apr 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We got ours last week from springs and it was rammed there, had to fight the crowd to get into guest services, had to wait there 20 mins then got the cards and the guy then told us to go to the big Disney shop for which you have to ask one of the helpers where to go to collect the bands as its not posted and then you get told to browse the store conveniently for 10-15 mins before they’re ready and that’s it.
We’ve not even done day yet at Disney and going today to hs and dreading it lol
At least we’ve decided this will be our last Disney trip now the kids are getting older, it’s just getting too busy and too expensive now.
We’ll still do the rest of the parks in Orlando though
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I'd be annoyed too if I was told to wait 40 minutes for them after already queuing. I'd put a complaint in at guest services at whichever park you visit today or there's a chat bit on my disney experience where you can complain.
Old 9 Apr 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Amion68
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I would make a complaint about that.

Sounds like it is the same desk they use for the free $200 gift cards. They act like no-one ever asked for this before!
That’s exactly how they acted, beggars belief! We are heading over to the Vineland outlets today which is near Disney springs so may give it another go, but surely it needn’t be this difficult!
My conclusion is it’s intentional to try to discourage people from taking up the offer so that they can make more bucks out of magic band sales
Amion68 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I would say that is too much joined up thinking! They probably don’t get asked to do either very often as US guests will have MBs posted to them in advance, and most people staying offsite won’t have them unless they buy them or use an old one.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We have this offer for “free” toystory Magicbands too.
According to the paperwork you have to go to guest relations first to get tickets then head to World of Disney shop to collect MBs

However on the Magicband voucher it says

“Helpful tip: save time by linking your Park Tickets to your My Disney Experience account and collecting your MagicBand(s) before entering the Parks. This will enable you to avoid the queues at Will Call as your MagicBand(s) can be used as your Ticket, meaning you won’t need to pick up
your Tickets separately and can head straight into the parks. “

That seems to say I don’t need to get tickets first. Can anyone who had this deal confirm this.?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ah the small podium in the middle of WOD that has nothing on it to tell you what is ! I'm not surprised about the wait actually because we had to leave our details & return to pick up our Gift card
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
We have this offer for “free” toystory Magicbands too.
According to the paperwork you have to go to guest relations first to get tickets then head to World of Disney shop to collect MBs

However on the Magicband voucher it says

“Helpful tip: save time by linking your Park Tickets to your My Disney Experience account and collecting your MagicBand(s) before entering the Parks. This will enable you to avoid the queues at Will Call as your MagicBand(s) can be used as your Ticket, meaning you won’t need to pick up
your Tickets separately and can head straight into the parks. “

That seems to say I don’t need to get tickets first. Can anyone who had this deal confirm this.?
This is absolutely correct. I bought tickets in the same offer and linked them to MDE account immediately I got the email.

We’re staying onsite so will get magic band there as well but we could easily have used old ones to enter the park. Or you could pickup the Toy Story magic bands from the World of Disney store at any point before you want to enter the parks

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Mymemories is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wozwebs
Getting Excited

I'm on the same offer. Fly out on Sunday, landing about 4pm. Plan was to drive to the Villa then unpack then head to Disney Springs to collect the magic bands. Have linked the tickets to the app so presume just take voucher and the app and will receive the Toy Story bands? Then planned to go Blizzard Beach next morning so just use the bands. Presume they water proof? Worth still collecting the credit card tickets from will call anyway next time at a Disney park?
wozwebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wozwebs View Post
I'm on the same offer. Fly out on Sunday, landing about 4pm. Plan was to drive to the Villa then unpack then head to Disney Springs to collect the magic bands. Have linked the tickets to the app so presume just take voucher and the app and will receive the Toy Story bands? Then planned to go Blizzard Beach next morning so just use the bands. Presume they water proof? Worth still collecting the credit card tickets from will call anyway next time at a Disney park?
Take the voucher, app and some photo ID and you should be fine.

The MagicBands are waterproof, yes.

You can collect the credit card tickets from Will Call as well if you want, although that will mean queuing up at a will call desk. But you don't need to. You can use a MagicBand for everything that the card does.

BTW, Disney Springs tends to be busier in the evening, so World of Disney might be busy when you get there.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List