Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 23 Jul 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Been to see it today... blew me away. Breathtakingly beautiful, I cried like a baby when Mufasa died.
Loved every minute 😃
You'll get in trouble for posting spoilers 😂😂😂
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I really enjoyed it! I didn’t like Beyoncé’s song though. Sorry no. That should have been He Lives in You. And if she desperately wanted a ballad/solo number they could have put in Shadowland as they had the instrumental version instead.

I did not enjoy the public around me though. No issues with kids. Just adults!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LunaNyteskye View Post
I don't remember hearing Shadowlands or They Live In You. And they have changed Be Prepared.
Neither of those were in the original either, Shadowlands was added for the musical, He Lives in You was originally in the Lion King 2 then also added to the musical. I would have liked them included in the new version though
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Overall I enjoyed the film, but think I still prefer the original. My two boys who are 10 and nearly 8 said they preferred the new one though because it is funnier.

Timon and Pumbaa were good, I wasn’t keen on Beyoncé as Nala.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I loved the Beauty and the Beast reference, and thought Timon and Pumbaa were so funny. I prefer the singing from the original film though, the original film songs seemed louder with more depth to the songs.
Old 25 Jul 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

What's people's experiences been like with children? I know each child's different etc but in general would you take a 6 year old? Just with it being so realistic it's just something I'm trying to get an idea about. My daughters have watched the original before and been ok.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

There where lots of young children in there, behind us where a couple of children of about 5 and 7 and heard their parents asking at the end if they enjoyed it and they both said they loved it.
There was another family in with 1 child about 2 or 3 who wouldn't stop talking at the beginning and they where getting slot of complaints from people around them, luckily the child fell asleep about 30 minutes in to the film.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
What's people's experiences been like with children? I know each child's different etc but in general would you take a 6 year old? Just with it being so realistic it's just something I'm trying to get an idea about. My daughters have watched the original before and been ok.
We had one child had to be taken out when Mufasa died, they never came back either she was an absolute state bless her. To be fair, so
Was I! I can cry quietly though 😂. The others in there seemed fine she was probably about 5.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We’ve just got back and I really enjoyed it and thought it was well done. I didn’t like Beyoncé as Nala though.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
bentlsa
slightly serious Dibber

Sa this last night and didn’t like it at all. Not enough laughter and seemed to be a lot of fighting which is something I don’t want to watch. It was very realistic and I found myself looking away on occasions.
Loved loved loved Aladdin though !
bentlsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List