Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Sep 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
James was awful but Anneka was car crash bless her
Kelvin was a surprise but I love Michelle visage
Yes I was totally surprised by Michelle!
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrissyWissy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Off to a great start, quite a few pleasant surprises, especially Kelvin and Michelle. I like Anneka, she was rubbish but at least she was enjoying herself. I think James will be first to go, was stiff as a board.

DLRP: Numerous - Most recent May 2014
WDW With Friends: Sept 2001 / Sept 2004 / May 2006
WDW With Family: Feb 2015 / Oct 2016 / May 2019 / Oct 2022
ChrissyWissy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I do hope James Cracknell gets voted out quickly. He is obviously still suffering from his brain injury (2010 hit by a truck at 70mph on a bike whilst cycling across the US) and it felt somehow wrong to be watching him "not there".
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Joining in - what a great opening show, I loved Kelvin and Karim obviously but also really enjoyed Michelle, Gio does well with an older lady.
Agree with all those picking out James and Anneka but also thought
David James was poor. Prepared to give them all a chance though as it is week 1 and they are total non-dancers previously.

I really wish though that SCD would drop the comedy costumes and songs related to the celebs ‘professions’ - it’s mostly cringeworthy. I know it could help identify them to the viewing audience but they can do that with the pre-dance VT.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
One thing I wish they would do this year is drop the pretence that the Sunday show happens on a Sunday. There can't be anyone anywhere who doesn't know it happens on the Saturday night.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
One thing I wish they would do this year is drop the pretence that the Sunday show happens on a Sunday. There can't be anyone anywhere who doesn't know it happens on the Saturday night.
I know. Irritating. I'm afraid I stopped watching the Sunday night show and look at a certain spoiler web site instead. X
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Never going to happen. Dozens of shows do it. How many editions of Pointless do they film in a day? Yet they still talk about 'yesterday's show'. And back when they had Jenni Bond presenting the Great British Menu live, it was obvious they filmed a whole week's episodes at once as she wore the same outfit each day!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

James Cracknell should be out fast, as should Anneka, based on ability.

I'd also like to see Alex Scott out fast - nothing against her. but Neil Jones just annoys me. Although I guess I'd rather he was in the show that free to do those Nell de Jaunse skits on ITT.

Oh, and Miss "I'm just an average teen age girl with 4.5 million followers!" can do one!

Other than that, I like the rest of them. Chris Ramsey might have potential if he gets to stay in long enough to relax.

Oh, and Kelvin. 'nuff said!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m joining as we know have Netflix

Enjoyed it, so pleased Anton got a partner who shows promise rather than the usual double comedy act

Have no idea who most of the celebs are

Obviously Anneka as I watched the two TV shows she did and James Cracknel. The rest are a mystery which actually makes it better for me as I have no preconceived ideas

Looking forward to week 2

The new judge.. who is much better than Darcy... was she not once actually on strictly as a dancer?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
James Cracknell should be out fast, as should Anneka, based on ability.

I'd also like to see Alex Scott out fast - nothing against her. but Neil Jones just annoys me. Although I guess I'd rather he was in the show that free to do those Nell de Jaunse skits on ITT.

Oh, and Miss "I'm just an average teen age girl with 4.5 million followers!" can do one!

Other than that, I like the rest of them. Chris Ramsey might have potential if he gets to stay in long enough to relax.

Oh, and Kelvin. 'nuff said!

/Mo
Why dont you say what you really think.
Only kidding - enjoyed your comment.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List