Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Love the t shirt, giordanos, teak and longhorn. Drooling.
I just couldn’t resist the T-shirt

We’ve had some great and really varied food this trip. Love trying new places.

Thanks for following along.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
All your food looks fab! Making me hungry ! Looks you’re having a good trip 😁
It’s been a great trip so far - we really don’t want to leave on Saturday!

We went to Disney yesterday and did the four park challenge, eating something and riding at least three rides in every park, so there’s quite a long post coming up for that!

Thanks for following.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

So yesterday it was time for the Disney four park challenge! It is the only time we will be heading back to Disney during our Universal stay, so we wanted to fit in as much as possible! The aim was to get a photo, ride at least three rides and eat something in each park.

We started out in Animal Kingdom riding the safari, Dinosaur and Everest. We also picked up a jumbo Mickey chocolate chip cookie:

This was really nice. We had considered holding out to get the num num at Hollywood Studios again, but I’m glad we tried this one as it was a bit different but still just as good.

We decided to donate the left over cents to the Disney conservation fund and received this cute button along with our receipt:

We then got the bus to Hollywood Studios where we rode Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster twice, and Toy Story Mania. We decided to eat at Woody’s Lunchbox and ordered the grilled three cheese sandwich with tomato soup, and the totchos.

The totchos were potato barrels topped with beef chilli, cheese, corn chips, sour cream and green onions. These were mainly for W as I’m not a big chilli fan; he loved them and I thought the ones with less chilli on were really nice too. A good dish for the price.

The grilled cheese was also really good. I almost went for the brisket one again as I’d loved it last week when on the DDP, but thought I’d try out the cheese this time as I’d heard good things. It was super cheesy and tasted great with the soup. Again a good dish for the price point.

We then got the bus to Epcot and rode soarin’, living with the land and nemo. We had a FP+ for test track but it went down and by the time it reopened we wanted to leave for MK so we left it. We ate quite a lot in Epcot... starting with sour cream flavoured popcorn.

I loved this when we got it as part of the mixed flavour popcorn last week, so had to go back for more of this particular one.

We then made our way around world showcase and back to Karamel Kuche. This time we sampled the milk chocolate and caramel marshmallow stick along with the caramel and marshmallow swirl.

These were both really good, especially the swirl - we both really enjoyed that one. In fact, we agreed both of these were slightly better than the two other treats we tried from Karamel Kuche whilst on the DDP!

We also stopped by France for a crepe. We opted for the homemade hazlenut and chocolate spread crepe which is ordinarily $7, but you can ask them for ice cream on the side for an extra dollar. This is not snack credit eligible.

As you can tell it was really humid and the ice cream was melting fast it was so good though! A really nice crepe and I may have hogged it slightly... sorry W.

We then made our final park change of the day, getting the monorail to Magic Kingdom where we rode Buzz and Space Mountain before getting a really good spot near the front for Happily Ever After. After the show we then rode SDMT and grabbed a Casey’s Corner for (a very late) dinner, opting for the corn dog nuggets with ‘plastic’ cheese (!) and the bacon macaroni and cheese loaded fries.

The loaded fries were good but perhaps a little steep on the pricing for what you get. They would be good for a snack credit.

I love the corn dog nuggets at Casey’s so these were a hit as usual; really reasonably priced too when you get the plain fries included!

It was a really great day and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were also pleased to have eaten everything we wanted to without spending too much - it was a strange feeling actually paying for things in Disney though after last week!

Today we have also been to four parks believe it or not! We started the day rope dropping Hagrid’s at IOA (great ride), then went to Aquatica, followed by Seaworld, late lunch/early dinner at Red Lobster, and HHN at Universal Studios tonight. I will write that one up tomorrow.

Edited at 06:45 AM.
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

What an amazing Disney day, I’m in awe of how much you got done...and how much you ate all that plastic cheese and loaded things are making my mouth water!

Sorry to derail the thread, but how was the Hagrid line? I keep hearing about the ride breaking down constantly so am keeping everything crossed we can get on it next week!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
What an amazing Disney day, I’m in awe of how much you got done...and how much you ate all that plastic cheese and loaded things are making my mouth water!

Sorry to derail the thread, but how was the Hagrid line? I keep hearing about the ride breaking down constantly so am keeping everything crossed we can get on it next week!
We were really pleased with how the challenge went and found it funny we accidentally did another kind of four park challenge yesterday

IOA was set to open at 9am yesterday. We were queuing at the gates from around 8.15. The queues on the left side were shorter than those on the right as they are more hidden so when they were shorter than the poles etc in front of them, like when we joined, some people didn’t know they were there. We were probably about 20 people back in one of those queues, and there were maybe 10 different queues but I didn’t count. They kept putting messages over the tannoy that the park wouldn’t be open until 9 and that Studios was already open for onsite guests but not many people listened to that as we were all clearly there for Hagrid’s. At around 8.30/35 they started scanning tickets and let us through where a rope was held just after the Christmas shop. It was dropped about 10 minutes later and it was a fast paced walk (some were running) through Seuss Landing. A few people tried to go left past Hulk instead but as the vast majority go right that’s where the queue for Hagrid’s forms (i.e. by the HP train station rather than on the bridge from Jurassic Park) so I don’t think they’d have had any luck going that way. Once you got close to HP station your place in line was pretty much set as barriers started to come into play. You then had to put any bags etc in lockers which were surprisingly not that busy as that was something we were concerned would cost us time. We probably queued for around 15 minutes once actually into the ride queue despite them saying it would be 30 minutes from that point (I’m guessing they were saying that to a lot of people and we were at the front of that group). We were off the ride and back to the lockers to check the time by 9.24

We were planning to do it later one day but it has been showing as ‘at capacity’ after 3pm every day so provided it opens at rope drop which it did for us, I think that’s the way to go as it doesn’t eat into your day at all.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Yesterday after rope dropping Hagrid’s we picked up a couple of Voodoo Doughnuts for breakfast.

I loved Dirt last year which is a raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Oreo cookies, so I went for that again.

It was even better than I’d remembered and I’m already craving another one! We may just have to go back...

W went for the speciality Stranger Things “Run” doughnut which was filled with a maple Bavarian cream.

He went for this for the novelty more than anything but actually really enjoyed it! He loved the filling, but I’m not that keen on filled doughnuts generally so although I could tell it would be nice if you liked that sort of thing, Dirt won for me!

The bill was:

We ate them on the bus to Aquatica where we stayed for a couple of hours before moving over to Seaworld to redo our favourite rides and see the seals and sea lions again. From there we went to Red Lobster which I will write up later on. We also did some snacking at HHN!

Edited at 02:07 PM.
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for the Hagrid details! We’ll give it a go at rope drop. I’d read about it shutting early to capacity.

Those donuts are definitely on my list, Dirt sounds perfect.

Can’t believe you did two 4 parks in a day back to back - impressive stamina!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
What a fantastic live TR! So impressed with anyone who does this as really makes me feel I am there Sounds like you have had a fantastic time so far and really made the most of every second. Huge congratulations on the engagement - such lovely news... I'm going out there looking for the num num cookies at HS and the Cookie Dough in DS! Wish I'd booked Homecomin' though! Thanks again
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Thank you for the Hagrid details! We’ll give it a go at rope drop. I’d read about it shutting early to capacity.

Those donuts are definitely on my list, Dirt sounds perfect.

Can’t believe you did two 4 parks in a day back to back - impressive stamina!
Luckily we’re at volcano bay this morning so giving our feet a break (kind of)
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
What a fantastic live TR! So impressed with anyone who does this as really makes me feel I am there Sounds like you have had a fantastic time so far and really made the most of every second. Huge congratulations on the engagement - such lovely news... I'm going out there looking for the num num cookies at HS and the Cookie Dough in DS! Wish I'd booked Homecomin' though! Thanks again
Thank you. We will be sad to leave tomorrow but feel we really have squeezed everything out of this trip - although as always there’s stuff we still haven’t got to and wish we could have done!

We were actually just discussing Homecomin’ and said it would be one we would definitely pay oop for if we were ever not on the dining plan (although we loved the freedom of the plan so let’s hope they carry on with the free offer a little longer!).