Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Sep 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JackyH View Post
Aw. Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful. Glad FF sorted things out after a rocky start.
Thank you - he did good with the ring! Me too, we would definitely go back there now, they really turned it around.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Congratulations on your engagement! Glad you guys spoke up at FF, they really redeemed themselves after the poor start!

Loving your food choices so far.
Thank you I think it would have been a totally different, less enjoyable experience had we not said anything. I couldn’t believe a signature restaurant would leave us for 20 minutes without even some water!
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Glad you had a great night in the end and glad you complained although you really shouldn’t have had to in the first place . I’m reading more and more how British people are being shoved on poor tables and being ignored at FF . It’s put us off as I’m not great at complaining in restaurants. It should be great service from the start .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

DDP credit update so far:
4 TS used, 10 remaining
1 QS used, 13 remaining
3 snacks used, 25 remaining

Up today is animal kingdom (so expect to see some flame tree bbq), homecomin’ this evening, and oga’s cantina.
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Glad you had a great night in the end and glad you complained although you really shouldn’t have had to in the first place . I’m reading more and more how British people are being shoved on poor tables and being ignored at FF . It’s put us off as I’m not great at complaining in restaurants. It should be great service from the start .
I said this to W when we’d eventually been moved - we wanted to go there mainly to try the wagyu which we’d heard good things about, but also come to think of it I’d seen a few reports where people had been given not so great tables/service recently! They really did redeem themselves though; the manager went above and beyond to ensure it was fixed.
Old 28 Sep 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Shouldn't have to but I ask at the podium for a nice table or specify window/booth/front back etc if I'm familiar with the layout. This usually makes it clear without a lot of drama that you are prepared to reject a bad one.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Shouldn't have to but I ask at the podium for a nice table or specify window/booth/front back etc if I'm familiar with the layout. This usually makes it clear without a lot of drama that you are prepared to reject a bad one.
I think that would definitely be our plan if we went back again, which we would. We just thought the table would have been sorted by W emailing ahead.
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m so glad Flying Fish were able to redeem themselves, although it really shouldn’t be happening in the first place. I have read about poor service far too often recently.

Congratulations on your engagement, how perfect!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I’m so glad Flying Fish were able to redeem themselves, although it really shouldn’t be happening in the first place. I have read about poor service far too often recently.

Congratulations on your engagement, how perfect!
They did redeem themselves but I was very concerned it wasn’t going to be the great meal we’d hoped for at the start! Thank you.

You will be off to CSR in no time!
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We spent the morning and early afternoon snacking around Animal Kingdom today. We also did Dinosaur, Everest twice, Safari, FOP and Navi River.

First up was a night blossom. Lovely as always but this time came with a glow cube which I’m not sure it did last time we were here. 1 snack credit (would have been $7.99 plus tax oop).

We were thirsty again in no time and decided to try the strawberry açai from Starbucks. 1 snack credit (would have been $4.99 plus tax oop). We thought this was really good - although I appear to have changed names! Not sure how that happened

Then it was time for the sweet chilli shrimp mac n cheese from eight spoon cafe. There was loads of sweet chilli sauce on this which made it extra nice - as did Kevin from UP strolling past as we ate it! 1 snack credit (would have been $6.69 plus tax oop).

Next up was the flame tree bbq pulled pork fries. We love ‘plastic’ cheese so these are one of our favourites. We also got some extra bbq sauces to try on the side; one tasted pretty standard but the other had a bit of a kick to it! 1 snack credit (would have been $6.99 plus tax oop).

Finally before we left we grabbed a quick service meal to share at Satu’li Canteen. We opted for the chilli shrimp bowl with noodles and creamy herb sauce. We weren’t sure if the sauce would go with it but it definitely did. We were pleased with our choice.

The drink we got to go with the meal was the pandorian sunrise which was pretty good. You could definitely taste the Powerade in it.

The Satu’li Canteen meal and drink would have totalled $19.48 had we paid oop but it was a QS credit.

I also just wanted to explain the difference in some of the photo qualities. W is very good at photography and takes a lot of photographs in portrait mode hence the excellent pics. I on the other hand just snap as I go with my phone - so apologies for the pics I take which aren’t as pretty as his

We’re off to Disney Springs now for a little shop and dinner at Homecomin’.

Edited at 07:26 PM.