Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

A few questions..ba and going to lgw from the north west

With Manchester now having 1 direct route to mco has anyone from the north west thinking of travelling to lgw if the price is right? Also looking at ba now has anyone booked with 1 night cheapest hotel and not checked in? What has been the best way to get to gatwick.
I still would prefer to go direct from manchester but looking at other options if prices go through the roof for next september.
Thanks
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

This may or may not be of assistance.

The cheapest hotel in the lgw area is the Travelodge, but having said that, the Premier Inn both North Terminal and A23 Airport Way are more convenient, both a walk to the North Terminal shuttle for transit to the South where BA operate from.

If you did travel down, i would check in, ie get your boarding card and you can then do bag drop on the morning of your flight. There are machines you can use to get the BA and staff to help.

Hope this is of assistance to you

Disney332

Edited at 10:21 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Hi There

We have just done this, this summer
We had an indirect with BA

Man-Heathrow
Taxi between Heathrow and Gatwick
Gatwick -MCO
and the same back

The flight from Manchester to London was only 35 mins so we were longer in the taxi, but it was fine ..got excited on the journey between the two there and then slept on the way home
We booked a fly-drive so deposit only, and it cost us £421pp, this was for 8 and a 12 seater van ...
Think the taxi was £200 return aswell between the 8 of us

We did a BA fly-drive two years before but flew with AA and think I prefered their planes to BA and flew
Man -Phil-MCO
which I also prefered as it split the 9 hours up, but I suppose if you didn't do the manchester flight and just flew from london you would still have that 9-hour flight...
I would do either again as going indirect saved me a lot of money and well worth it in my opinion..
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
This may or may not be of assistance.

The cheapest hotel in the lgw area is the Travelodge, but having said that, the Premier Inn both North Terminal and A23 Airport Way are more convenient, both a walk to the North Terminal shuttle for transit to the South where BA operate from.

If you did travel down, i would check in, ie get your boarding card and you can then do bag drop on the morning of your flight. There are machines you can use to get the BC and staff to help.

Hope this is of assistance to you

Disney332
I'm never one to argue with my esteemed and knowledgeable DIBB friend but the cheapest hotel attached to the terminal is the Hilton which is "free" with Tesco Deals. Not really "free" of course as you "pay" the equivalent of full rack rate for B&B at £3/£1 exchange. Might cost around £135 for B&B which is £45 in Deals.

Looking at your countdown though it's too early as they only offer rates 6 months out.

This is Tesco/Hilton by the way - not Tesco/Hotels. Tesco/Hilton includes all taxes.

Mick
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

what happens with the luggage allowance if your allowed 23kg for the long haul part of your flight?
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The BA hold luggage and hand baggage allowances are the same for the domestic flight as the long haul and you need to collect at Heathrow and recheck in at Gatwick if you use that particular route.

One word of warning - if you try to book MAN-LHR and LGW-MCO on separate tickets then you have no protection if you are delayed.

Edited at 10:43 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can you not just get the train to London?
Getting to Gatwick and Heathrow is very easy.
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

looking at all options and appreciate what others have advised.
Old 25 Sep 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolalove
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We were booked with TC from Manchester to Orlando for 21st October but had to rebook with everything going on. We paid for 2 people £3000 with tc. Rebooked with BA and with train to Gatwick and 1 night at the bloc hotel in the south terminal ended up paying £100 less. Deffo worth it and we paid for extra legroom seats too in that price!
Lolalove is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

we did man-lhr-lgw-mco in august and it was a very long travel day from getting up to getting to bed was nearly 24 hours if you think about it in 1 time zone (uk), gonna do miami this time as its man-lhr-miami. also the route we did in august yoy have airport transfers in london which is £120 return
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List