Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 30 Sep 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Universal annual pass

We are getting annual passes and the first use will be August 2020 and then again in July 2021.
I know you can just buy normal tickets then upgrade when you are there but I would just rather get them then it’s another box ticked 😉
If I buy them now will they still be valid in 2021?
Do they last a full 12 month from first use at the parks?
Or 12 months from purchase?

Do you think the passes will increase in costs in the next few months? Or have they already risen this year?
Also, what’s the odds of them adding a few extra months in free?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I don’t know all the answers to your questions but you need to look at which annual pass you are buying because there are blackout dates for July with some of the passes and if you want to use Volcano Bay that too has blackout dates during July & August.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

They are valid from first entry to a park.
Increases are usually in line with Disney increases, no one can be sure about free months
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamer
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Dreamer's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We bought ours online prior to our trip in Oct last year. Bought as 2 park annual passes (due to black out in the Summer which was this year's trip).
Before we arrived, we noticed they were offering an extra 6 months free on the annual pass so enquired at guest services on arrival and this was honoured so maybe check this out too? We have ended up with an 18 month annual pass (albeit not including Volcano Bay sadly due to extra costs) for marginally more than a 14 day ticket which has covered our 2 trips already and will also cover our trip in April
Disney Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We have decided not to do volcano bay. Unless we got the most expensive passes we could only get in after 4pm and even that pass is a lot more expensive.
We can not do the cheapest pass due to our dates either lol
I might hang a few weeks to see if they offer extra months.
I am sure I read it was September/October time last year?
We never get deals so it probably so t happen this year 😂😂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

AP vouchers don't expire, so you can buy now, and it will only activate once you redeem and activate by entering a park

Prices will go up, eventually, between now and the time you go

If you don't need volcano bay, then buying a 14 days ticket then upgrading, is not an option

14 days tickets are usually sold in the 3 parks form (at the price of the 2 parks)
If you get the tickets for your august trip, in order to avoid AP blackout dates, then you won't be permitted to upgrade to a 2 parks AP

While APs might be blocked out of VB in july 2021, please note that last august, universal lifted the 4pm blockout for VB for the whole month. It was initially supposed to be blocked out before 4pm until Aug 19th, but that was eventually lifted around mid july for all of august
I know you can't build plans around the assumption that the same thing would happen in a couple years time, but that's worth noting.

anyway, if you want to experience VB on your first trip, and get 3 parks tickets, then you'll need to upgrade to 3 parks AP
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Even if universal do offer free months around Oct or later last year the condition was you needed to activate your pass by the start of April.

Like you we are July holidays and this is our second year with annual passes. I couldn’t see any way that we could wangle getting extra months.

I noticed you were looking at universal hotels as well. There’s always a possibility of securing annual passholder rates for your rooms. That’s what we did for hard rock and Portofino this July.
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to highjack your thread OP... but we are planning to visit universal next May and then next December, looking at AP prices and comparing with the ticket combos I would have got, getting the AP is looking as though it will save us about £500 overall. My question is could I order and pay now but they won’t actually be activated until we pick them up when we visit next May?
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

we upgraded to AP last month on the first day we arrived. got 1 preferred pass (for the free parking and discounts) and one seasonal pass (as we were there in sept and going in january dont have to worry about block out dates) Total for both was $210! so defo worth it.
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Even if universal do offer free months around Oct or later last year the condition was you needed to activate your pass by the start of April.

Like you we are July holidays and this is our second year with annual passes. I couldn’t see any way that we could wangle getting extra months.

I noticed you were looking at universal hotels as well. There’s always a possibility of securing annual passholder rates for your rooms. That’s what we did for hard rock and Portofino this July.
I have heard about the pass holder rates but can’t see how to get a price. How did you do it?
I know it’s a bit early for 2021 but universal is giving prices but I can only find seasonal rate and stay longer, save more offers.
We will be staying 7 days so it would be good if we could get the stay longer & seasonal pass deals lol