Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Oct 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wightone
Helping Donald

Gracelands tickets

We have a couple of days in Memphis to visit Gracelands this month, looking at the different ticket options, does anyone who has been recommend doing the Ultimate VIP tour or will the ELVIS Experience Tour be just as good, i know there's additional things with the VIP tour but wondered if its worth it. TIA
wightone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

It depends how much you love Elvis, to be honest!

We aren't huge Elvis fans, but wanted to see the place so bought a mansion + planes ticket. This gave us a guided tour of the mansion and access to the two jets there, but not access into the cars exhibition or any of the other extra bits. That was fine for us. We were there about 3/4 hours just doing those bits.

It's very interesting, going into the house is like stepping back in time as it's not changed in décor since he died.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wightone View Post
i know there's additional things with the VIP tour but wondered if its worth it.
We didn't book in advance.
At the Graceland shop they offer a choice of tours.
Mansion and gardens only.
Mansion, gardens, cars, and planes.

The audio tour with headphones was included.

There was no VIP tour on sale.

The Mansion is filled with guides throughout to answer questions.

A coach takes you from the car park to cross over the road and through the gates to the mansion. Afterwards you get back on a coach to cross over the road. You either go through to the planes or exit the gift shop to the car park, depending on which tour pass you have.

I don't know what the VIP pass gives you tbh ?

Edit: Now I've had a chance to look at Graceland website.

2019 Elvis Experience Tour Including Planes for $66 would be my choice. It's definitely worth the extra for the planes. ( If you don't need to see the planes it's $5 cheaper.)

It looks like paying extra gives you a fast pass with a ride in a minibus instead of the coach. The queue moves quickly anyway so I wouldn't pay for that.
The special exhibit access with the VIP tour passes, still don't know what that is. A bedroom maybe ?

If you are an AA member you should be able to book the AAA discount rate. You need to show a photo ID and AA card when you collect your tour passes.

Edited at 10:06 PM.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tonigary
Imagineer

We did the V I P tour a few years back and really enjoyed it, would love to go back one day. We also did a trip to sun studio and Tupelo, where Elvis was born, we had an amazing time
tonigary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm not a massive Elvis fan, but love pop culture and Gracelands was really cool. Its surprising moving when you make it out in to the yard to see his grave. I was very touched. Very profound experience and levelling. No matter who you are or what you achieve we all end up the same way.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List