Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Oct 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
My girls are nearly 14 and I still pause it if they come in the room. They’ve showed interest in it and I’ve let them watch bits but I wouldn’t let them watch it all. I don’t mind the swearing so much as they know not to repeat that, but some of it is too rude for them and while they wouldn’t get a lot of it, I wouldn’t want them asking about it or repeating it.
Glad its not just me then. I did see the age limit on iplayer, just interested in whether the us was so different, and it sounds like although slightly less crude, still a bit much for my dds age group. Thanks for the feedback.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
ive never seen the us one, but watched because my 12 yr old dd's bf watches the us, and i thought my dd might ask to see it. I didn't feel it was age appropriate, but can i ask, is the us one a lot milder, or would those of you who have watched the us one feel it was still a bit strong for nearly 13. Im sure some of it would go over their heads but not enough. Her friend is not a much older than her years kind of girl, so i was a bit surprised. Hoping my dd doesn't spot it next time she watches bbc iplayer and ask to watch.
I watched it with my daughter who is almost 16, I would agree with the posters who mentioned above that the UK one feels more crude, even I cringed at some of the things that came out of Baga Chipz mouth and I would say I'm no wallflower. There was a lot that went over my daughters head but not sure I would let a 12 or 13 year old watch
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
ive never seen the us one, but watched because my 12 yr old dd's bf watches the us, and i thought my dd might ask to see it. I didn't feel it was age appropriate, but can i ask, is the us one a lot milder, or would those of you who have watched the us one feel it was still a bit strong for nearly 13. Im sure some of it would go over their heads but not enough. Her friend is not a much older than her years kind of girl, so i was a bit surprised. Hoping my dd doesn't spot it next time she watches bbc iplayer and ask to watch.
I watched it with my 12yo actually, she had watched a couple of the episodes of the US one as her theatre school were staying drag style dances so was keen to see the UK ones.

I personally felt the UK one was a lot cruder and a lot less suitable for her age but she enjoyed it and most of the crass seemed to go right over her head which was good.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List