Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Oct 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Newport Bay £400+ a night - Really?

We've never been to DLP before, so I thought we might go there for a few days next year as a little getaway. I tried to get quotes for Newport Bay hotel for June, but DLP are only booking rooms into early April 2020 (unless I'm doing something wrong).

I put in some off peak midweek dates for October and November and one room for 2 people at Newport Bay is coming out at over £400 a night. A pre booked breakfast buffet comes out at about £45 each a day.

We aren't that fussed about going to DLP, and if those are the normal rates, without meals, tickets and flights on top, then no way will we pay that those prices, as 3 nights would work out at over £2,000 and it's definitely not worth that to us.

I appreciate that there is cheaper accommodation, but we want somewhere within walking distance, and don't want to be shipped in and out every day by coach/train.

Am I missing something or is it really that expensive?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

You could look at the Santa fe or Cheyenne as they are both onsite hotels within walking distance and are often considerably cheaper than Newport Bay.

I do really think that the DLP prices have gone through the roof this year! Last year we did 4 nights at Cheyenne at end of November and it was £900 - this year, the identical package is coming up at £1700!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve always found DLP prices ridiculous for 3 days . Add on travel as you say it gets crazy and it’s expensive while there as well as you really are a captive audience . We end up not booking and saving the money towards Florida .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

You can book for June via the DLP website, I have just taken a look and it is possible, but as there don't seem to be any offers loaded yet everything is full price.

I would hold off booking until an offer comes up, there is usually a % discount and free dining offer so look out for that. Also bear in mind the the prices you see DO include tickets. So for a 3 night stay you will get 4 day park tickets included.

Newport is one of the more pricey options - its 4* and the other 4* hotel (New York) is currently closed for re-furb meaning the other hotels in that category have become more popular, and therefore more expensive.

All onsite hotels at DLP are within walking distance to the parks. We have booked the Cheyenne (about a 15 min walk) for 3 nights in March, with half board meal plan for £650 for two adults so it certainly doesn't have to cost you £400+ a night for DLP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went 20 years ago and it cost £700 for four of us driving, we stayed at Cheyenne hotel with breakfast and dinner I think and park tickets. We
have looked at going again but it’s always been too expensive. Our car broke down on the shuttle on the way home, they came to help us and my son got to tell the driver to blow his horn lol!
Old 7 Oct 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

The new brochure is out 23rd October so there should be a new offer releases after that x
You could also try looking at other countries offers as the French website sometimes has better prices!
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tinker82 View Post
The new brochure is out 23rd October so there should be a new offer releases after that x
You could also try looking at other countries offers as the French website sometimes has better prices!
I wondered when the new brochure was due out. Thanks for the date
Old 7 Oct 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hijack the thread but me and my BFF are looking to go Feb/March 2021 and the dates are already on the DLP website. There are no offers at the moment showing though so we are holding on for a bit
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Many thanks all for the info which is helpful.

I will revisit on the 23rd October when the new brochure is out, and I will try other hotel.

I had a quick check of a cheaper hotel and that was still over £45 a day each for breakfast which is silly money in my opinion.

We only came back from Florida a few weeks ago having been going there for 30 years, so we are prepared to pay a reasonable amount for 3 nights in DLP, but not £2,000 plus.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Many thanks all for the info which is helpful.

I will revisit on the 23rd October when the new brochure is out, and I will try other hotel.

I had a quick check of a cheaper hotel and that was still over £45 a day each for breakfast which is silly money in my opinion.

We only came back from Florida a few weeks ago having been going there for 30 years, so we are prepared to pay a reasonable amount for 3 nights in DLP, but not £2,000 plus.
Hopefully when you look later in the month the offer will include a meal plan, so your hotel breakfast will be included.

The hotel buffet breakfasts are quite pricey - around €17pp for the cheaper hotels and around €23pp for the higher category. Unfortunately the exchange rate really hasn't helped with the prices of everything at DLP.

However there are cheaper options for breakfast, the walk from the hotels to the parks goes right through Disney Village where you can go to the likes of Earl of Sandwich, McDonalds, Starbucks, New York Deli (for pastries and coffee) and Annette's Diner for much less than the hotel buffets.