Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TowerOfTerror88
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Limited release magic bands

Hi! I am not going until October 2020 So was planning on upgrading my magic bands closer to the time to allow those going soon to choose theirs. My partner really wants the Walt Railroad one and it's finally shown up today but it's limited release! My Disney snack one isn't there but that's fine I'll choose another one.

Now question... will these go out of stock before my trip and therefore will I lose this band and therefore get stuck with a plain one?

Thanks for all your help :-)
TowerOfTerror88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TowerOfTerror88 View Post
Hi! I am not going until October 2020 So was planning on upgrading my magic bands closer to the time to allow those going soon to choose theirs. My partner really wants the Walt Railroad one and it's finally shown up today but it's limited release! My Disney snack one isn't there but that's fine I'll choose another one.

Now question... will these go out of stock before my trip and therefore will I lose this band and therefore get stuck with a plain one?

Thanks for all your help :-)
You have to order them all at the same time and this far ahead if you are not having them delivered to a us address ( ie personal shopper ) then it’s likely Disney will lose them as they have no where to really store them at your resort .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
TowerOfTerror88
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
You have to order them all at the same time and this far ahead if you are not having them delivered to a us address ( ie personal shopper ) then it’s likely Disney will lose them as they have no where to really store them at your resort .
Noooooo! I did think this was the case and I'm gutted the railroad band is limited release! It's the only one my partner really loved 😭. Thanks for getting back to me x
TowerOfTerror88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My advice dont get drawn in by the hype. By day 3 you wont even look at your band.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
My advice dont get drawn in by the hype. By day 3 you wont even look at your band.
I had a Donald Duck one last month and loved it, enjoyed looking at it
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
If they loose it they will give you a voucher to pick another so as long as that's not an issue than order away-
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

When is the right time to order one before your holiday?

Kids want certain ones, but if they won't get them due to them going out of stock as so far away then pointless having the pre-order thing.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

I have order my OH the LR galaxy edge one for April, and the rainbow mickey one for me - I really hope they don't 'misplace it' if they give you a voucher how are you going to buy another magic band when they are cheaper on the site, and I paid more for the LR one.

have there been cases of this happening?
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So I know I had one on order that went out of stock the next day after I ordered it as my friend who was travelling in September too tried to get the one I got. I had no issues with picking it up - it was there waiting for me at the resort about 8 weeks after I ordered it. I haven't seen any reports of people not getting once they've managed to order but then I may just not have spotted them. All I would add is that annoyingly about a week after I placed the order they released the halloween bands and there was a really cute one I would have liked
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
They lost 3 of 7 of ours- They gave us a voucher for any magic band up to the cost we need to replace the lost band- in our case $30- I assume if they lost a Limited edition one it would be for more- Bonus was we also got a plain band and could pick the colour. It was annoying at the time but by son loved picking a second band.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List