Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Oct 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Coastal stay South Coast(ish)

Looking to stay 4/5 nights next March.
Train from St Pancras. I am looking at Deal, Broadstairs and Whitstable so far.

Looking to stay in a cottage with a sea view and open fire. Want somewhere we’re we can walk on the beach, good food, nice pubs.

Before I spend hours looking through AirBnB does anyone have any ideas/suggestions of other places to look.

Many thanks
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by joxxxxx View Post
Looking to stay 4/5 nights next March.
Train from St Pancras. I am looking at Deal, Broadstairs and Whitstable so far.

Looking to stay in a cottage with a sea view and open fire. Want somewhere we’re we can walk on the beach, good food, nice pubs.

Before I spend hours looking through AirBnB does anyone have any ideas/suggestions of other places to look.

Many thanks
Hey Jo

This is where I live.

Lots of places to chose from and lots of great places to eat in all the towns.

They are all lovely but different in their own way.
Deal has a pebbly beach and is a bit more remote than Whitstable or Broadstairs
Broadstairs is really central and has great pubs and a fabulous sandy beach.
You can walk round to Ramsgate or round to Margate easily along the coastal path. (we quite often do this one day over the weekend!)
ITs only a short train ride to Whitstable and Deal from there.

If you pick somewhere let me know and I can let you know what the area is like x x
I can also recommend pubs/walks etc when you have chosen somewhere.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Thanks so much will do
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

St Pancras has a direct line to Brighton as well.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I live in Deal (well Kingsdown really) it’s magical it is the most wonderful place in the area.

I don’t like Whitstable it’s too showy and aimed at visiting Londoners and priced to match.

Broadstairs is nice but the bay is sandy and in the winter at least we prefer pebbles as winter sand getting everywhere is horrible and it’s a bit close to Ramsgate.

Deal has loads of Air B and B in the Middle Street area which is the 17th/18th century bit very quiet hop skip and a jump from the beach and the town centre.

If you dint have a car the whole area has a super bus service and the train is great, you can get the train to sandwich and walk back along te costal path (no road most of the way) to Deal.

Sure I am biased but we moved here because we had a holiday home and loved it so much and we never look back.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
St Pancras has a direct line to Brighton as well.
And Leicester, St Albans, Luton airport all places best avoided
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I live in Deal (well Kingsdown really) it’s magical it is the most wonderful place in the area.

I don’t like Whitstable it’s too showy and aimed at visiting Londoners and priced to match.

Broadstairs is nice but the bay is sandy and in the winter at least we prefer pebbles as winter sand getting everywhere is horrible and it’s a bit close to Ramsgate.

Deal has loads of Air B and B in the Middle Street area which is the 17th/18th century bit very quiet hop skip and a jump from the beach and the town centre.

If you dint have a car the whole area has a super bus service and the train is great, you can get the train to sandwich and walk back along te costal path (no road most of the way) to Deal.

Sure I am biased but we moved here because we had a holiday home and loved it so much and we never look back.
Hey - leave Ramsgate out of this
The seafront and harbour are really lovely places - just don't venture any further into town!
And its a fabulous walk to Broadstairs either on the beach or along the clifftop
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Hey - leave Ramsgate out of this
The seafront and harbour are really lovely places - just don't venture any further into town!
And its a fabulous walk to Broadstairs either on the beach or along the clifftop
LOL the harbour when lit up is lovely and the funny sort of rock garden where you walk down from the town also that boating lake near pegwell is pretty cool.

Town centre is lovely for people who like Dover town center