Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Oct 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile Which small car-mid car?

Hi all!

I’m currently driving an 09 corsa that has seen better days and we are looking to replace it soon.

Thought I’d ask for recommendations from the Dibb as I’m stumped as to what to go for.

We have a Ford Kuga as our main family car so the main purpose of the smaller car is for my commute to work. 90% of the time, it will just be me. We do live in the Pennines and I frequently have to drive up what feels like fully vertical hills with only just enough room for two cars to pass (sometimes there isn’t even that!) which is why I’d like a small car but it does need enough power to manage the hills.

I’ve had a look at fiestas. (The eco boosts seem popular and even though they are 1 litre, my neighbour has one and says it copes fine with the hills?)
I like the look of the DS3s but there are lots of mixed reviews online about reliability and parts needing replacing even though the car has hardly done any mileage etc.

Any recommendations would be great. Thank you.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have a 1.0 Toyota Yaris
I find it very nippy and a really good turning circle, We live half way up a mountain and it has no problems with hills!
Very reliable, front seats slightly hard but a nice drive and very good on petrol.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
I have a 1.0 Toyota Yaris
I find it very nippy and a really good turning circle, We live half way up a mountain and it has no problems with hills!
Very reliable, front seats slightly hard but a nice drive and very good on petrol.
My very first car that I bought was a Yaris. I really liked it but sold it when I had DS as I wanted 5 doors to get his car seat in. They do the hybrid version as well which I suppose is something to consider.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I have a Hyundai i10. Small but roomy inside, great for petrol and handles the steep hills near me with no issues
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have a Toyota Aygo lovevit and I've always driven big cars a grand Cherokee was my last car
DH actually uses it more expensive than me he's got a pick up
Easy to park loads of toys Apple play etc great mileage takes 2 car seats big seats for the Grand kids
Back seat folds for the big shop good vision and comfortable driving position for us both DH is 6/1 I'm 5ft on a good day in heels
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Islanders
slightly serious Dibber

I love my Honda Jazz and as a community nurse have some very challenging roads to get to patients house and he never lets me down and deceptively spacious.
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a mazda 2! It’s an automatic and is a great little car! I went from a corsa to this and it’s been a good change. A lot more room inside the car but it doesn’t feel too big to drive at all!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I have a seat Ibiza, I was looking for a mid size car a couple of years ago to upgrade from a 107 to fit a buggy in the boot and 2 kids. I found out if them all it was the best value for money. It’s a fab car and I’m really happy with my choice.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Islanders View Post
I love my Honda Jazz and as a community nurse have some very challenging roads to get to patients house and he never lets me down and deceptively spacious.
Love mine too!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I just changed my car to something slightly bigger but I previously had a VW polo and loved it. I had a 2016 1.2 TSI Which was surprisingly nippy but good fuel economy and £20 per year tax.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List