Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
We have a nice kebab shop not far from us and they do lovely chicken kebabs, My dd Uber’s Chiquitos which is nice, we have a occasional Chinese. My son orders Pizza Hut pizzas, we also have a good fish and chip shop down the road. Kfc and McDonald’s all vile by time you get it home, we eat in in or don’t bother. I love Nandos now and again and curries are bought in the supermarket or I make them. It’s really anoying when you spend £40 On a takeaway and it’s vile, MH you could do a bit of cooking in your spare time lol
The last time you praised a take away it didn't have great reviews

I rarely have a McDonalds because they are usually rubbish (especially the Ruislip one), the same as KFC. We do occasionally have a pizza take away (pizza hut or Dominos), but I always regret eating them as I feel yuk afterwards.

I am too lazy to cook a curry or chinese as it's lots of hassle. I am cutting back on eating red meat and aiming to have it just once a week or twice at most.

Edited at 07:48 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I do have marks, waitrose and sainsburys ready made curries and chinese meals, but they are better quality than the take away shops, no doubt much much fresher and cheaper.

I appreciate that Nandos aren't perfect and we can sometimes be unlucky with a not so nice takeaway from them, but in the main it's simple food (chicken) and taste better than the other take aways. I would also think the hygiene standards in Nandos is higher than many curry and kebab take aways. I have looked through the hygiene ratings of take aways in my area, and I'm surpised some are still allowed to trade.
The chips get steamed in the bag and end up soggy at home, I love Nandos but don’t go there that much, I think it’s always been nice, once I had the sweet potato wedges which were vile, they changed them for Piri fries, I tried making Nandos rice at home and it wasn’t the same.
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m making Beef bourguignon this week in the slow cooker, get me!
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Love a good takeaway! We have a great local Indian, fab Chinese and awesome fish and chips. Can't stand Nandos though! 🙈
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
The chips get steamed in the bag and end up soggy at home, I love Nandos but don’t go there that much, I think it’s always been nice, once I had the sweet potato wedges which were vile, they changed them for Piri fries, I tried making Nandos rice at home and it wasn’t the same.
I agree, I love it but we always eat in because it doesn’t taste the same at home!

For £20 for two of us with drinks I think it’s a good meal and it always tastes good to me, whole hot heat chicken, peri chips, creamy mash, macho peas, spicy rice and a perinaise every time!

Plus it’s one of the only places I can eat out so that’s a huge bonus!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Not so keen on takeaways, prefer to eat in if you can. Fish n chips from local chippy about twice a year as a takeaway. Still prefer to eat that in the restaurant part. But each to their own.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

No chance were I live. There is a nice Chinese restaurant that does takeaways but unless you queue up at 5.15 for them to open at 5.30 you don't get your food till after 9.
We just don't bother!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Either I am overly fussy...
I'll stop you there. There's your answer.

We had fish and chips from the chippy at the weekend. They were delicious. We've also had several takeaways over the last year and have enjoyed the vast majority of them. I can't remember having a bad one in recent times.

Either you're unlucky and live in an area of poor takeaway restaurants. Or you're fussy.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I do have marks, waitrose and sainsburys ready made curries and chinese meals, but they are better quality than the take away shops, no doubt much much fresher and cheaper.
Erm, ready-made meals from a supermarket won't be fresher than one made in a takeaway.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'll stop you there. There's your answer.

We had fish and chips from the chippy at the weekend. They were delicious. We've also had several takeaways over the last year and have enjoyed the vast majority of them. I can't remember having a bad one in recent times.

Either you're unlucky and live in an area of poor takeaway restaurants. Or you're fussy.
I wish I wasn't so fussy that I could enjoy an Indian take away with small very dry pieces of chicken and one that gave me an uncomfortable stomach for days after. Or a shish kebab where the pieces of lamb are tough and chewy, and the pitta bread that was so hard in places it was inedible.

Glad you enjoyed your fish and chips.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List