Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Nov 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

My flights app closing

those of you using myflights app to watch changes to your flight itinerary, I gad this message today:

Hi Hi there,

After nine years and more than 50,000 users, it's with great regret that I announce that on 31 December 2017, MyFlights will be discontinued.

What's changed?

Our current agreement with Amadeus, the booking reservation system, comes to an end on 31 December 2017. Unfortunately, the new agreement doesn't give MyFlights access to the data it needs to operate.

New security procedures require approval from the booking agent before a booking can be accessed by a third party. As such, MyFlights would need a separate agreement with each and every airline or travel agent that a MyFlights user might book with in order to access their booking information. However we don't have the resource to establish and manage many thousands of separate relationships.

So from today, we have stopped accepting new account registrations and existing accounts can no longer upgrade their status.

What will happen to my bookings?

You can continue to use the MyFlights app and MyFlights on the web as normal until 31 December 2017.

After this date, your existing bookings will no longer be monitored for changes and you won't be able to add new bookings to your account.

You will be able to view your existing bookings until 30 June 2018, at which point your account and all associated data will be permanently deleted.

What's next for MyFlights?

Although we're devastated to be discontinuing MyFlights, the name will live on in our new tool for travel agents. Designed to help travel agents keep their customers up-to-date with their travel, MyFlights Travel Agent notifies you and your clients about any changes that might affect their trip.

To find out more about this service and how we can help you deliver the ultimate travel agent experience, please get in touch.

Finally, on a personal note, I just wanted to say a huge thank you for choosing MyFlights. I created the app nearly a decade ago to monitor my bookings, and added it to the App Store in case anybody else might find it useful. Seeing the app grow over the years has been one of my proudest achievements and I have been overwhelmed by your enthusiasm and support. It's been incredible hearing on a daily basis how MyFlights has become an essential travel tool and helped you avoid some sticky situations.

Thank you again, and safe travels.

All the best,

Chris and the MyFlights Team
hello@myflightsapp.com
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mater
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

What a shame. Used this app in the past, was excellent!

Covid happened and a few different holidays then back to Orlando in 2024.

August 2024 - Rosen Shingle Creek / Loews Royal Pacific
Mater is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Huge shame, use t all the time on staff travel. Fantastic app.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Gutted this is going ... use it all the time!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Got the email this morning. A real shame, it was really geat!