Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bungle4x4
Getting Excited

Hotel near the the Chunnel?

Any recommendations for a hotel near the enterance to the the tunnel? The premier inn i was about to book has a load of reviews saying a terrible nights sleep as no air con in the room, and i hate trying to sleep in a stuffy room. and as its July next year it may well be warm, or snowing obviously.

Thanks in advance as always
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bungle4x4 View Post
Any recommendations for a hotel near the enterance to the the tunnel? The premier inn i was about to book has a load of reviews saying a terrible nights sleep as no air con in the room, and i hate trying to sleep in a stuffy room. and as its July next year it may well be warm, or snowing obviously.

Thanks in advance as always

But premier inn have a good nights stay garrentee, if your not happy you dont pay, in all honesty i dont think ive ever payed for a premier inn.
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bungle4x4
Getting Excited

They sure do and its not something i had considered to be honest.. But id still much rather get a full nights sleep than a refund mate
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Holiday Inn Express Channel Tunnel, 4min drive to tunnel check in, free parking and free breakfast.

Also just over the road from Tesco for snacks and fuel before getting the train.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bungle4x4
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Holiday Inn Express Channel Tunnel, 4min drive to tunnel check in, free parking and free breakfast.

Also just over the road from Tesco for snacks and fuel before getting the train.
Looks spot on, thanks a lot, for some reason i forgot all about Holiday Inn express when searching.

EDIT: All booked now, thanks a lot for the tip, much appreciated

Edited at 10:13 PM.
bungle4x4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by bungle4x4 View Post
Looks spot on, thanks a lot, for some reason i forgot all about Holiday Inn express when searching.

EDIT: All booked now, thanks a lot for the tip, much appreciated
No worries, have a good trip.
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I was looking at both hotels and did see the reviews about no air con.
However as we’re going at Easter, we’ll try it as we need 2 rooms for 5 of us and it’s more than double for the Holiday Inn (and extra for parking too!).
We wouldn’t spend that amount on breakfast tbh, so will probably book the Premier Inn.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just searched and it’s £16 extra per room to add on 1 night’s parking 😕
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I’ve just searched and it’s £16 extra per room to add on 1 night’s parking 😕
It is definitely free parking at the Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, we have stayed a few times and just checked the website, it’s still listed as free parking for residents.
Old 16 Sep 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

It is definitely free parking at the Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, we have stayed a few times and just checked the website, it’s still listed as free parking for residents.
Where does it say? On the advanced saver/flexible rate details, it doesn’t mention anything about free parking. Only the stay park 1 day rate actually says one day overnight parking included.
Are there different sites to book through or are the descriptions just not very clear?

ETA - just seen it says complimentary parking on the hotel details. Very confusing as it’s not mentioned on the different rates 🤔 Why have they got a rate with parking for one night if it’s already included?

Ah well, don’t suppose you can recommend any other decent hotels around that area? Holiday Inn looks fine, but not wanting to spend almost £200 each way.

Edited at 11:55 AM.