Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Norwegian/Hi Fly Changes

Just a heads up for anyone else who is flying Norwegian -
Our flight (on the 21st) had been changed to a Hi-Fly operated flight, we didn't get any notice of the change, and today I discovered that it had been changed *back* to Norwegian, again with no notice.
In theory that's great news, except our seat choices had been messed up, we were split up and 20 rows behind our original choice, and they tried to charge me £90 for seats that we chose free of charge 11 months ago!
Fortunately the rep I spoke to was lovely and made the changes with no charge.
If you have a Norwegian/Hi Fly flight coming up, check and see if anything has changed!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

The orlando routes were changed to hi fly earlier this year up until late october (apart from mondays I believe) However, my guess is that they have got their dreamliner engines fixed sooner than quoted and have put them back into play sooner. We were on Hifly in August. I found out about it on here long before Norwegian told us.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

I wound up having a terrible time with Norwegian Customer Services in the last 24 hours!

As in the original post, I had spoken to someone last night who was able to sort our seat selections without charging us the new fee, but of course I woke up this morning to find my card had been charged! Took 2 live chats, 3 phone calls and an hour on hold to find out that yes I had in fact been charged incorrectly. Everyone was quick to assure me that I can make a claim to get a refund, but that's not *really* the point when they shouldn't have charged me in the first place, especially since I think it's illegal to charge a card without getting authorisation!

Received an email 45 minutes ago informing us that our return flight on the 28th is now going to be Norwegian operated not Hi Fly, so I automatically jumped online to make sure our seat selections haven't been messed up again, and it's not even live on the system yet. The guy I spoke to at the call center couldn't tell me when it will be, could be a couple hours or a couple days - not helpful when we're headed to the airport at 5:30am! Guess I'm not getting a lot of sleep tonight while I keep refreshing the page...
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thanks for posting
We fly a week today and guess what - they changed us to HiFly this morning

We have ben given row 50 which looks like an exit row on the link to the seats on the Norwegian site but for the life of me cant find anything on the likes of seatguru or anywhere else that even shows HiFly with an aircraft with that seat config

I had an email offering me the bid to upgrade but the outward flight is ineligible on the app …. but not so on the website.

Totally confused and unsure whether to phone or leave it to check in
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List