Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
My package for May has increased by £800 for 2.
It'll be because there is a massive influx of people rebooking at the moment. An unprecedented amount i would guess. When lots of sets are sold in a short space of time, the price goes up to the next band, and then the next. Once it all dies down in a month or 2 the prices will settle. Then If there's plenty of seats left on a flight, they'll release more of the cheap seats for sale.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just checked Virgin and their flight prices for when we go next year haven't changed.. Yet anyway
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I've just checked Virgin and their flight prices for when we go next year haven't changed.. Yet anyway
They'll go up if enough people start booking those flights, same as every other day.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
It'll be because there is a massive influx of people rebooking at the moment. An unprecedented amount i would guess. When lots of sets are sold in a short space of time, the price goes up to the next band, and then the next. Once it all dies down in a month or 2 the prices will settle. Then If there's plenty of seats left on a flight, they'll release more of the cheap seats for sale.
Oh I know, yeah. Fortunately my package is booked and I have been unaffected. I had only checked because someone wanted similar dates to me and I checked availability.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

They'll go up if enough people start booking those flights, same as every other day.
Appreciate that as its all about supply and demand but all I'm seeing at the moment on social media is about prices shooting up already which isn't strictly the truth
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Appreciate that as its all about supply and demand but all I'm seeing at the moment on social media is about prices shooting up already which isn't strictly the truth
But it is still that. If 10 seats are sold within half an hour on 1 flight, the price will shoot up, like it always has done. The issue is that today there are what 100k plus people looking to book new flights ASAP.
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Broadsword
Earning My Ears

The last two trips our BA flights have been the chepeast on the day of release. Rising two or three days later and never dropping below that level, from what I've seen.
Broadsword is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

But it is still that. If 10 seats are sold within half an hour on 1 flight, the price will shoot up, like it always has done. The issue is that today there are what 100k plus people looking to book new flights ASAP.
Which you think would have meant more bookings and an increase in price and having checked again I see the Virgin prices for my trip next year remain the same as they did this morning and last week
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Another thing I've just thought of after reading another thread. Are we better booking the outbound flight as soon as it's available and then the inbound when that's available or as a return?

This is probably a really stupid question but my wife will murder me if I mess this up after going DIY instead of package.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
Another thing I've just thought of after reading another thread. Are we better booking the outbound flight as soon as it's available and then the inbound when that's available or as a return?

This is probably a really stupid question but my wife will murder me if I mess this up after going DIY instead of package.
Wait and book them together , apart from Norwegian one return is always cheaper than two one ways.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List