Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Dec 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thank you the dibbs mods/admin

In 12 years of being on here I have never thanked the people running the dibb for their dedication keeping the dibb going, so I would like to finally thank you guys (better late than never).

It's free to use the dibb and even though I belong to other forums, this is generally the most friendly forum I've been on, and when I'm on my ipad and I start laughing, Mrs MH asks if I'm on the dibb as she knows I do enjoy some of the banter on here.

In my 12 years of being Mickey House I have never once complained to the mods/admin about any dibber, post or thread on here, because if I don't like it I can choose not to participate or read any further contributions. I have been on the dibbs naughty step once or twice as a result of a complaint or two about my post/threads, but I accept that perhaps I over stepped the mark and it was deserved (e.g. What I do with the elastic waist band on my underpants).

I do empathise with the mods/admin having to spend much of their time dealing with peoples disputes, which is something I had to do when I managed people and got paid for it, but if I ran a forum and people could join for free I would honestly not devote the amount of time they do to trying to appease everyone (often a thankless task).

On the downside of the dibb, Mrs MH has recently complained that I spend too much time on the dibb and not enough time doing the jobs around the house (like the new kitchen sink and taps I bought 3 years ago that I still haven't put in).

So no grovelling intended, but thanks again the dibb mods and admin for your time and effort making the dibb a decent forum (even if you are to blame for the kitchen sink and taps not being put in).

Edited at 07:07 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I think we are all thankful for them … You can tell it isn't easy work but they are always there to help...Though you can't blame them for your kitchen procrastination
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
They are indeed wonderful people. My heartfelt thanks to all.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Totally agree with you. Thank you to all admin and all those that contribute. I have learnt so much since I joined before our first family trip in 2013.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
In 12 years of being on here I have never thanked the people running the dibb for their dedication keeping the dibb going, so I would like to finally thank you guys (better late than never).

It's free to use the dibb and even though I belong to other forums, this is generally the most friendly forum I've been on, and when I'm on my ipad and I start laughing, Mrs MH asks if I'm on the dibb as she knows I do enjoy some of the banter on here.

In my 12 years of being Mickey House I have never once complained to the mods/admin about any dibber, post or thread on here, because if I don't like it I can choose not to participate or read any further contributions. I have been on the dibbs naughty step once or twice as a result of a complaint or two about my post/threads, but I accept that perhaps I over stepped the mark and it was deserved (e.g. What I do with the elastic waist band on my underpants).

I do empathise with the mods/admin having to spend much of their time dealing with peoples disputes, which is something I had to do when I managed people and got paid for it, but if I ran a forum and people could join for free I would honestly not devote the amount of time they do to trying to appease everyone (often a thankless task).

On the downside of the dibb, Mrs MH has recently complained that I spend too much time on the dibb and not enough time doing the jobs around the house (like the new kitchen sink and taps I bought 3 years ago that I still haven't put in).

So no grovelling intended, but thanks again the dibb mods and admin for your time and effort making the dibb a decent forum (even if you are to blame for the kitchen sink and taps not being put in).
Have you looked into the Passholder option?. I was the same as you and accessed the Dibb on a daily basis, and learned so so much in my first few years, and still learning today.
I decided, that with all the good work that admin do, and because its a great user friendly forum, I’d put something back in, so joined as a Passholder.
Didn't even realise that I got extra access to certain areas of the Dibb, which was a nice bonus for me

It was purely a personal choice and it’s the user only that can decide whether it’s worth it. I’m not saying you should do it but have a look see what it gives you.

By the way your polls are excellent👍

See the section on the right for all the info.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I think they do a sterling job, and we should all become passholders to help them with the running of the site
Merry Christmas 🎄
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Totally agree MH. Thanks and a Happy Christmas to the admins x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks from me too. As a gesture of our appreciation we have all chipped in and bought you all a ticket to MH’s Christmas lunch
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Thanks from me too. As a gesture of our appreciation we have all chipped in and bought you all a ticket to MH’s Christmas lunch
How nice - thank you very much!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AlisonB View Post
How nice - thank you very much!
Just email MH with your dietary requirements. All veggies, vegans, allergies and intolerances welcome
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List