Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
liloandstitch
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by baboons View Post
Hi OP - I think you may have read the Questionnaire, rather than the report.

The report says:

Charter airlines that charge a set fee to upgrade
4.5 Thomas Cook and Thomson Airways advertise the ability to upgrade to Premium Economy and display the price for that upgrade. We do not consider that such an upgrade constitutes a different class of travel, but if
the airline is unable to provide the upgrade consumers should be able to claim a refund of the fee that was paid for the upgrade.

So, that's what it says, but is that still accurate? Anyway, sorry to complicate things, but wanted you to know.
Thanks for that, I'm getting more confused, You are right I think I was reading the questionnaire I didn't realise they were different.
I didn't upgrade though I brought a Premium flight straight away there were two distinct prices one for economy and one for premium not sure if that would make a difference.

Edited at 10:01 PM.
liloandstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by liloandstitch View Post
Thanks for that, I'm getting more confused, You are right I think I was reading the questionnaire I didn't realise they were different.
I didn't upgrade though I brought a Premium flight straight away there were two distinct prices one for economy and one for premium not sure if that would make a difference.
It matters not if it's an upgrade or an original purchase. The seat is Premium and thus 75% of the cost is refundable.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by liloandstitch View Post
They say that the CAA does not recognise their Premium Economy as a separate class so they do not have to pay the 75% of the fare as per Regulation 261. Strange - separate cabin, different drinks and meal arrangements, different sized seats, priority boarding etc. but not a different class? Does anyone know if this is correct?
I would remind them that the government treat TC PE as a different class of cabin as they charge double the amount of APD for the privilege.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Oh, I meant to say. Remind them that if you are downgraded, your airline must reimburse you within seven days.

They are in breach of this and therefore have taken from you the 'enjoyment' of the monies due and any interest it would have accrued.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
liloandstitch

Thanks so much for the advice.. I will compose one more email to remind them of all that then go onto the next stage.
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Keep pushing back OP - they are trying to pull a fast one. Do not back down, TC just hope that you will give up and go away.

We are still battling with Tui after they downgraded us on our return flight last year. We didn't bother with CEDR - we just went straight to the small claims court route. We're upto the point where Tui have been issued with a CCJ a month ago, after offering no defence against our claim. They still haven't paid us so DH is going to ring the court tomorrow to tell them. I'm presuming it will be down to bailiffs to get the compensation for us now. But I will not back down, that's what the airline wants us to do. It ain't happening

Edited at 11:37 PM.
stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
liloandstitch

terriandaaron can I ask if you got the 75% straight away or with a fight.
Old 17 Jan 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

I contacted the CEO of Thomas cook directly when something similar happened to us within 5 days it was sorted and the money and compensation was in my account ... peter.fankhauser@thomascook.com
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

In our case; different circumstance with a 7 hour delay which BA turned down at all 4 stages, CEDR were very good & we had the appropriate compensation within 2 weeks from BA.

Good luck
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We took Thomson to the small claims court a few years ago. Thomson sent a solicitor from Manchester to South Wales to argue their case. Although a bit daunting to start with, the judge soon put us at ease. We won the case and Thomson paid up the following day.

What I am saying is, don't be afraid of the small claims court. It is there to protect valid claims
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List